Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friends, I see that the 05 GSXR has a circuit that keeps the headlight off until the engine is started.
How tricky would it be to do something like that on the Blade?

It may seem kind of small, but the impact on battery life would be noticeable. It even is for car batteries.

Thoughts anyone...anyone?

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
muab said:
Hey friends, I see that the 05 GSXR has a circuit that keeps the headlight off until the engine is started.
How tricky would it be to do something like that on the Blade?

It may seem kind of small, but the impact on battery life would be noticeable. It even is for car batteries.

Thoughts anyone...anyone?
don't know how to do it but Kawasaki's have it too

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
My FJR has that.

Anyways, it should be easily done with a simple relay that kicks in when the start button is pressed, and remains energized as long as the key is in.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Get an SPDT (single pole double throw) 30A bosch type relay. Interrupt your headlight wire and connect the switch side to terminal 87A. Connect the bulb side to terminal 30. Connect the 12V starter wire (voltage while cranking only) to terminal 86 and ground to terminal 85. That should do it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BillAce said:
Get an SPDT (single pole double throw) 30A bosch type relay. Interrupt your headlight wire and connect the switch side to terminal 87A. Connect the bulb side to terminal 30. Connect the 12V starter wire (voltage while cranking only) to terminal 86 and ground to terminal 85. That should do it.

Now that's some pretty specific information! That's what I am talking about!
:thumb:

Now can you draw directions in crayon for me?

:smilebig:

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts