Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a HID kit in my 01 F4i (please don't go off with your opinions on HIDs, can't see well at night and dont care if cagers are blinded briefly). So before I installed my HIDs my headlights would dim at low RPM and get brighter at higher RPMs. After installation this issue has been progressively gotten worse. Sometimes when I start my bike headlights will not even come on, if I switch the high beams on the blue indicator for high beams won't come on. After a little riding the lights will come on, sometimes the low will shut off, sometimes they will flicker and shut off. I will have to tap the starter button to get them to come on again. I have tested my battery and thats not the issue, I have had multiple suggestions about what the issue could be...rectifier, stator and recently the relay. Sometimes when I clutch up they will just shut right off. So before I go buying a bunch of parts I would like some input from fellow riders. Oh also the headlights are DDM 10k dual ballasts with capacitors wired to the factory harness.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have installed a HID kit in my 01 F4i (please don't go off with your opinions on HIDs, can't see well at night and dont care if cagers are blinded briefly). So before I installed my HIDs my headlights would dim at low RPM and get brighter at higher RPMs. After installation this issue has been progressively gotten worse. Sometimes when I start my bike headlights will not even come on, if I switch the high beams on the blue indicator for high beams won't come on. After a little riding the lights will come on, sometimes the low will shut off, sometimes they will flicker and shut off. I will have to tap the starter button to get them to come on again. I have tested my battery and thats not the issue, I have had multiple suggestions about what the issue could be...rectifier, stator and recently the relay. Sometimes when I clutch up they will just shut right off. So before I go buying a bunch of parts I would like some input from fellow riders. Oh also the headlights are DDM 10k dual ballasts with capacitors wired to the factory harness.

The starter button runs in the headlight circuit so I'd be looking for a bad connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The starter button runs in the headlight circuit so I'd be looking for a bad connection.
Well I have checked the relay inside the throttle that connects to the headlight and the connections are good, I was hitting the kill switch and sometimes even having to the the ignition off to get the lights to come back on until a friend told me to just hit the stater.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had a similar issue. My problem also included the light to the speedometer though. The issue was the ground connection in the main wire harness.. Might be worth to check..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts