Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 2002 954 rr And the Headlight keeps burning out.

allready done....

checked for shorted wires--- none

ran a straight wire from batt with switch--- made it worse

tried diff H7 brands--- no change

is this a bad voltage regulator? and if soo how come everything else works fine? any help in this matter would be great. is there a special high watt buld that i need to get?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
That many does make it sound like it may be overcharging. Put a voltmeter over the battery and run the bike around 4-5,000 rpm steady. Voltage should not be over 15.5v I think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one thing I didnt mention is that the light works good sometimes and then it will get really bright then go back to normal and then get really bright back and forth and then it will eventually burn out.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Im not sure if there is a fuse for the headlight harness, but if so, be sure it is the correct amperage. All sub fuses are 10A

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All fuses in the box next to the Batt are right acording to the lid... are there any more fuses anywhere?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
A 30A main fuse near the black box. This wouldnt cause a headlight issue though.

Do you have aftermarket LED turn signals?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Do they have a resistor in the circuit?

Ive heard of LED turn signals drawing too much current through the harness, melting themselves and perhaps also the bulb filaments.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rectifier/Regulator is behind the left side rear cowl, between the rider and pillion seats on the 929, and I believe the 954 is the same.

I would think the R/R is the most likely problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts