Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been a while that I have been riding with a loose headlight. When I bought the bike a few of the mounts were already broken but the light was still firmly in place. Now only 1 remains and the light bounces up and down as I ride down the road. It is really not that big a deal but it bothers me enough to do something about it. I wish it was as easy as just getting another upper and headlight with good mounts but I have the euro edition Fireblade and those farings are hard to find in the states. I was wondering if this is a common problem and if anyone has a cheap fix solution. I tried zipties around the headlight to the fairing stay but its still loose and there is a gap between the fairing and the headlight lens . Any intelligent ideas would be helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
But those colors are easy to find in Canada and the price is WAY cheaper to boot. Last time I checked we paid in Canadian dollars what the US price was. So if a body panel was $100 US then it is a tad over $100 Canadian.

Order the parts from Canada or have someone buy them and ship them out to you, I do beleive that headlight is VERY expensive.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am an OEM parts dealer for the all 4 jap makes as well as ducks and Im not sure if I can get the Canadian panels but I know I can get you a headlight assembly. You right it aint cheap but but I will let you have it for 242.38 + shipping if that will help. My discount is not what it used to be or I could probably get it to you for less. My cost on it is 222.38 so I figure 20 bucks is a fair markup for my blade bros.

·
Registered
453 Posts
1 last thing ... the upper cowls that i have is for the 2 US colors but just for comparison i will give you the prices .... one is for the red/black and one is the yellow/black and im not sure which price goes with wich one because they just say type 1 and type 2

type 1 retails for 395.91 and my cost is 260.47
type 2 retails for 412.51 and my cost is 271.39

let me know if you or anybody else wants or needs any OEM stuff and i will tell you what my cost is on it and let you pretty much just make me an offer .... i dont sell parts over the net unless people ask me for them cuz there is no money in it anyway ... i make my money on bikes that i work on myself

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
both the mounts on the light and fairing are broke. Yeah that is a hefty price I was hoping there is just an cheap fix to this instead of buying new parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts