Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There i am currently looking at buying a blade (first 1000cc machine for me) and had a question that i was hoping someone could help me with.

Can you convert the headlights so both headlights come on as the main beam instead of one for main beam and one for full beam?

it sounds a bit petty but i dont like it, never have, never will. everytime i see one going up the road it looks like they have a bulb out and i do think it ruins the look of the front end.
apart from that i think they are one of (if not) the best 1000 machines on the market.

the bike i am looking at is a 2006 model.

my apologies if this has already been asked i did look to see if anyone has asked this before but after reading about 30 threads that just mentioned the word headlight i got bored.

thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
welcome to the forum, I cannot help you with your question, but there is a reason for this kind of half blind design and it is not money saving. in dark a bike with two lights (close together) can be mistaken for a car that could appear to be significantly further away than the bike actually is and this situation might lead to an accident when a driver of a vehicle looks, can see something what looks like a car far away and pulls just in the front of the bike.

if you need more light for night riding go for HID conversion, kits can be sourced at really good prices (e.g. http://www.manyadeal.com), go for 4300K and you should not attract plod attention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome to the forum, I cannot help you with your question, but there is a reason for this kind of half blind design and it is not money saving. in dark a bike with two lights (close together) can be mistaken for a car that could appear to be significantly further away than the bike actually is and this situation might lead to an accident when a driver of a vehicle looks, can see something what looks like a car far away and pulls just in the front of the bike.

if you need more light for night riding go for HID conversion, kits can be sourced at really good prices (e.g. http://www.manyadeal.com), go for 4300K and you should not attract plod attention.

id never though of it like that before to be honest. it is not really an issue about the amount of light as i am sure you get plenty as honda would have looked at this when develping the bike it is really just for asthetics, as i am sure that you would agree that the bike would look better if both lights were on

thanks for the replyh though

·
Registered
146 Posts
Some of the links below will get you started. I've never bought into having two lights on giving drivers a false impression that you're further away than you really are. Yamaha has it on their bikes and I'm sure the idea was run past the legal department as far as liability issues before hitting the production floor.

I'm going to do the dual light mod to my 08 one of these days. The bike looks unbalanced with just one light on and I don't want to promote road rage with the high beams on at night.

Dual Headlights with Write-up

How-to Dual Headlights

Argh! What's with the filtering of certain other forums? Copy and paste either of the two links below into your browser. Remove the space between "600" and ""RR". <sigh>

http://www.600 rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58476

http://www.600 rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=107894&highlight=bi+xenon

·
Registered
89 Posts
I do agree the single light on spoils a look a bit, but to be honest it has never bothered me on mine or any other bike.

Also, the LEDs added in the mirrors in '08 and later are about road safety too: according some research they help other road users to judge the distance and speed of the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.