Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Depends on custom or not.

If they are going to make you a custom suit, then it may be OK (I have NO knowledge or experience with them)

If you are simply going to buy a pre-made suit, I would stick with one of the known reputable suit makers.

I picked up a really nice Fieldsheer 1 piece suit for less than that place is advertising their 1-off suits.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks like the pakistani made leathers found on ebay, I would have serious doubts about the leather quality, cut and fit of them.

That being said, you could probably find a much better suit used for the same price. I paid $150 for my tecnik 1 piece 2 years ago, and brother picked up a tecnik 2 piece earlier this year for $250. Both in good condition, mine had some wear on the left knee puck velcro from dragging knee without a puck, and my bros 2 piece had a broken velcro on the pants waist, nothing wrong with them otherwise.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Just to let you know...

Bovine Leather (2.5mm) will last about 28 seconds before it wears through - thats the leather you usually find in made-to-measure race suits.

Bangladeshi hide (1.4mm) will wear through in a 5.8 seconds - closer to off-the-peg suits.

Typical bike fabric sample will last about 2.1 seconds and jeans, well they take about 0.6 seconds to wear through.

Of course, in most protective clothing you'll probably have armour in the likely impact points, which adds considerably to the amount of abrasion they can take, but it gives you a rough idea of what your kit can take before giving up.

(Bovine leather however IS going to be the most expensive. Don't think because its leather you will survive better in a crash, it depends also on how good the quality and the craftsmanship is (seams etc)).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just to let you know...

Bovine Leather (2.5mm) will last about 28 seconds before it wears through - thats the leather you usually find in made-to-measure race suits.

Bangladeshi hide (1.4mm) will wear through in a 5.8 seconds - closer to off-the-peg suits.

Typical bike fabric sample will last about 2.1 seconds and jeans, well they take about 0.6 seconds to wear through.

Of course, in most protective clothing you'll probably have armour in the likely impact points, which adds considerably to the amount of abrasion they can take, but it gives you a rough idea of what your kit can take before giving up.

(Bovine leather however IS going to be the most expensive. Don't think because its leather you will survive better in a crash, it depends also on how good the quality and the craftsmanship is (seams etc)).
Also the stretch fabric around the calf, crotch, pits, and forearms, if they are just stretch material they will tear easily, they need to be kevlar reinforced, the only way to really tell is to look in them, if the inside has a grey hue to it then it usually is kevlar reinforced, if it is the same color as the outside then its just stretch material and a good tug and it will tear off at the stiching.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I think I have heard of these......yea their other name is "I still got road rash and an elbow the size of a basketball", thats right I remember them now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts