Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed hot grips brand heated grips on my 2006 honda 919. I could not find an accessory plug and the dealer suggested the running lights. When I checked with my test light, it went out when I turned the signal on. I wired direct to the battery for now, but I need to find a key switched wire so I won't accidentally leave it on while parked. Can anyone help me?
Also I had to put on a 2 ohm resister for the low setting. This thing gets hot so I nylon strapped it to my fork and it looks lousy sitting out there. Any suggestions for that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up going direct to my battery with an inline fuse. I was afraid to cut into anything and disturb an unknown line. My fuse is where my radiator fluid reservoir is, then the wire travels under the gas tank and up into my flyscreen where I installed a banana plug. That plug allows me to plug in my cell phone 12v charger (which I need for when I travel. I camp and rarely have access to 110v) and/ or the heated grips. I installed the 2 ohm resister (for low temp on grips) under the fork clamp. My excess wiring is tucked in between my guages and the flyscreen. That flyscreen has a real advantage to me in giving me a spot to put some accessories. I also have in there a buzzer that comes on with my turn signals so that I don't leave them on. My buzzer, switch for grips and plug for phone are neatly velcroed in there.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I tapped mine into the low beam headlight circuit (near the headlight plug). It's switched power and handles the extra load fine. My grips also have a low circuit that works fine. If that's too hot for me then I don't need any heat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.