Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that spring is right around the corner I thought it about time I fitted some heated grips. :huh:

Bought a set of Daytona Grips about 4 months ago ready for winter but just never gota round to fitting them.

So, any tips or hints, especially where to take the feed from. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Maybe this site may help. It doesn't show how/where to connect the grips but it provides an alternative on/off switch setup in case the grips are wired directly to the battery.

Keep us updated on your progress...I'm interested in your results. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Proto said:
Now that spring is right around the corner I thought it about time I fitted some heated grips. :huh:

Bought a set of Daytona Grips about 4 months ago ready for winter but just never gota round to fitting them.

So, any tips or hints, especially where to take the feed from. Thanks.
I put heated grips on my bike, but they are the flat resister type with adhesive on the back. They go underneath your stock grips. Here's a picture of where I put the switch (low, off, high settings). I pulled the power off the low beam for my headlight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
HondaGal said:
Keep us updated on your progress...I'm interested in your results. :)

Heated grip are on and working :eek: :eek: Took half the front end off to make installation a bit easier and not quite finished putting it all back together yet.

My biggest concern was where to pick up a live feed. Best place would be via the ignition circuit somewhere but with the built in immobiliser on Euroland bikes there is no obvious place to do it unless you take the tank off and start digging. I spoke to a contact at local dealers and he advsed that best place is to contact the live feed into the live side of the front brake light switch. I didn't think it would be big enough capacity but he assured me it was. Even the genuine Honda heated grips use that switch for power.

So I soldered the live onto one terminal at the brake switch (shrink sleeved it to give it some insulation). Used the horn mount for the return. Cables were all too long so spent about two hours shortening them. But all in place and cable tied up nice and neat. Photos to follow.

Got to get it done by tomorrow night as thedoctor (or should I say theprofessor now :idunno: ) and I are riding into London for the Alexandra Palace bike show on Wednesday. Likely to be cold and windy, possibly wet too. Meeting up with Ondablade and some of his barking Oirish chums

1 - 4 of 4 Posts