Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed these? Did you experience charging problems? The ones I'm looking at wrap around the handlebar under the grip and draw 4 amps(?) on high. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Monkey,

I have just fitted the Oxford Hot grips to my Blade. Here in the UK it gets 'very cold' and these heat up until you can hardly hold them. many people complain because they say that they only heat the palm of your hand, but that's just not true, hold them right and you have lovely toasted fingers.

OXFORD HOT GRIPS HEATED MOTORCYCLE HANDLEBAR HOTGRIPS on eBay, also Bars, Grips Foot Rests, Accessories, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 25-Feb-09 19:36:58 GMT)

This is some like mine on ebay

hth

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
A mate of mine had heated gloves. I could'nt tell you where he got them from but I treid them when I rode his bike and they worked great. All over warmth, not just on the palm. Looked funny when we rode in the rain though as they would have steam coming off them.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I would go with heated gloves; easy to move them to a different bike.

i do know people who have the heated hand grips and they say they work. The gloves do work even better though.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
I would go with heated gloves; easy to move them to a different bike.

i do know people who have the heated hand grips and they say they work. The gloves do work even better though.
Have you tried them lan? The ones my mate had had to be set up with contact patches on the grips and hard wired in so they only worked on his bike.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I just have different gloves for different temps. Not really interested in putting heated hand grips on multiple bikes. I'd go the glove route first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think for the price of the heated grips, I could afford to get new ones for a next bike. Plus I only ever wear summer gloves, I would imagine the heated gloves are quite bulky arn't they? any pics? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts