Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls.

I have a SP1 (2000). I have lived with this god awful clutch for long enough. My hand aches after riding through town or on long journeys. The action is very on or off as well. Does any one have a work around or solution apart from spending silly money for a durbaun cable clutch conversion or brembo master cylinder?

Help please!!! :crying:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I figured it was the basket in my case. The basket over time wears grooves in the part the plates ride against. I have has similar problems on dirtbikes and the fix either file the fingers down (which means more slop and less metal) or replace the basket. I replaced my basket with a yoyodyne and all the plates with OEM. I used the sp2 spring plates. It is gone for me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
... Does any one have a work around or solution apart from spending silly money for a durbaun cable clutch conversion or brembo master cylinder?

Help please!!! :crying:
A Brembo M/C as such will do nothing to improve the clutch. If it is of a different diameter to the original then it will feel different which may or may not be preferable, but there's no magic to Brembo stuff, it's just hydraulics.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Good advise. You may file it and take it for plating and have a harder finish that will wear less. But this trick works well in most cases. When the clutch works well and it is not abused with dragster kind of launching it lasts longer.
What is the mileage on the bike you are having a problem with? Mine feels like one of the best clutches I've ever used and very smooth and progressive.
Also you may want to change the fluid and bleed it well top and bottom.

I figured it was the basket in my case. The basket over time wears grooves in the part the plates ride against. I have has similar problems on dirtbikes and the fix either file the fingers down (which means more slop and less metal) or replace the basket. I replaced my basket with a yoyodyne and all the plates with OEM. I used the sp2 spring plates. It is gone for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.