Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll write more later but the short story is this:

1. Sucky morning. Nothing went my way. I've been sooooo busy w/ work and school that I'd forgotten that my leathers were at the leather repair place getting the LP patch sewn on. Of course they are closed on Sunday so I had to rent leathers. Also, I get to the track and realize that I've forgotten my transponder so I had to rent that as well. So far I haven't even gotten on the track and I'm 100 bucks in the hole due to forgetfullness.

2. Old tires + new suspension = lowside. I "slid into home" in turn 13 going at a VERY moderate pace. Wasn't dragging a knee or anything and the front washed out. No damage to me. Minimal damage to the bike. The rented leathers were scuffed. There goes anothe 75 bucks!

3. Race went okay. I got third...out of 3 riders. Father's day...but I'll take it.

:cool:

HD

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Bummer about the extra costs and lowside ... and wood is wood. Congratulations. It means something to get up and keep on going, so good to you.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
You're still doing better than I did when I qualified for the regionals of the national AFLA fencing tournament in 1978. I thought they were at MSU. Everybody else thought they were at Wayne State.:rant:They weren't giving medals away in the empty parking lot, either.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Sorry and congratulations at the same time. Maybe we should start a lowsiders forum here.

At least there's no plaster to talk about. Glad you're alright.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
CBRVFR said:
You're still doing better than I did when I qualified for the regionals of the national AFLA fencing tournament in 1978. I thought they were at MSU. Everybody else thought they were at Wayne State.:rant:They weren't giving medals away in the empty parking lot, either.
Isn't fencing illegal?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Damn HD.... :crap:

BTW...how about you steely-eyed roadracer types teach me the fine art of crashing without getting hurt... :allears:

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Baketech said:
Damn HD.... :crap:

BTW...how about you steely-eyed roadracer types teach me the fine art of crashing without getting hurt... :allears:
No kidding. I've only done that twice. Once was a low-speed baseball slide; the other time I actually highsided and landed in someone's front yard but walked away without a scratch. :idunno:

Otherwise, tb don't bounce good.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ND4SPD said:
That strategy goes straight out the window for HD however.
W3rd. I wasn't going fast at all and slid into home w/ enough time to get up and jog off the track w/o getting run over. I had the bike picked up before fearj came around.

It just sucks b/c I totally was not going fast in the least. The tire was roached and mishapen. Many heat cycles in it's life and probably cold at this point, so.... Live and learn.

HD

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
W3rd. I wasn't going fast at all and slid into home w/ enough time to get up and jog off the track w/o getting run over. I had the bike picked up before fearj came around.

It just sucks b/c I totally was not going fast in the least. The tire was roached and mishapen. Many heat cycles in it's life and probably cold at this point, so.... Live and learn.

HD
Don't want to sound harsh, but isn't this something you learned before you got your racing license? If the tires were as bad as you say, I'm surprised they got through tech. Oooops, forgot this was a Fastrax event right? :rotfl:

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
abtech said:
Don't want to sound harsh, but isn't this something you learned before you got your racing license? If the tires were as bad as you say, I'm surprised they got through tech. Oooops, forgot this was a Fastrax event right? :rotfl:
Yea tech is pretty much a joke. Dude gave me a hard time about something and passed me anyway. then told me how his bike was the same way. :rolleyes:

Yea I knew the tire was done, but I was just going around to practice the line, shake off some rust, and basically just have a shake down of the bike. I was planning to swap rubber before green flag.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts