Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed of later that when I have to take corners slowly - perfect example is Cheddar Gorge here in the South West of England - the front end of my Blade is very heavy. Almost feels like I have grabbed a fistful of brake and she threatens to lose the front. I gather this has something to do with the suspension settings, Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Tony...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have noticed of later that when I have to take corners slowly - perfect example is Cheddar Gorge here in the South West of England - the front end of my Blade is very heavy. Almost feels like I have grabbed a fistful of brake and she threatens to lose the front. I gather this has something to do with the suspension settings, Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Tony...

How slow are you taking the corner? Could be many things such as tire shape, tire pressure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How slow are you taking the corner? Could be many things such as tire shape, tire pressure.
I think pressure and shape are ok to be honest. Lets say 30MPH taking a relatively sharp bend, (not the best description). But either way she has a tendancy to feel really unstable at slow speeds taking bends or corners. Almost as if too much weight falls to the front end creating the potential for her to slip/skid.

Tony...

·
Registered
332 Posts
How many miles has it done? My RRW had no problems in that area before it was stolen with 16,000 miles on it.

Head bearings might be too tight, that would be very noticible in those circumstances.

cheers
Simon

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think pressure and shape are ok to be honest. Lets say 30MPH taking a relatively sharp bend, (not the best description). But either way she has a tendancy to feel really unstable at slow speeds taking bends or corners. Almost as if too much weight falls to the front end creating the potential for her to slip/skid.

Tony...

What is the instability you are feeling? Is it a tendency for the bike to feel like it is falling in the turns?

As far as the weight falling to the front, you want some weight transfer to happen. But it's possible the front suspension is set too soft.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the instability you are feeling? Is it a tendency for the bike to feel like it is falling in the turns?

As far as the weight falling to the front, you want some weight transfer to happen. But it's possible the front suspension is set too soft.
I thought the front suspension might be too soft but don't really know enough in that area to have concluded that. Is altering it simple or a long drawn out process?

Tony...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts