Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and gals,
I am a newbie to the forum and the 929 since I just purchased a 2001 CBR929RR with 404 miles on it. Real steal!! The question that I have is this:
The steering on the 929 feels quite a bit heavier than the R1 I have been riding. I checked the air pressure on the  front tire and it was good (spec) but was wondering about suspension settings or maybe it is just different and something that I will grow accustomed to feeling.

·
Registered
998 Posts
G,Day Mavic! Welcome to the org! Dont know about the 929 but when I got my 954 I actually had the opposite problem where I felt the steering was too light and didnt need as much counter steering as previous bikes Ive ridden, (I think it was partially due to the front end being a little soft, which Ive adjusted to give some improvement, but will be getting stiffer springs next week, hopefully then it will give a bit more feedback) but Ive gotten used to it now and really like it! Just check to see that the rear doesnt have to much sag! and see if you can have a ride on another 929 to find out weather it is specific to your bike or just the way the 929 is!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Mavic : Hello guys and gals,
I am a newbie to the forum and the 929 since I just purchased a 2001 CBR929RR with 404 miles on it. Real steal!! The question that I have is this:
The steering on the 929 feels quite a bit heavier than the R1 I have been riding. I checked the air pressure on the  front tire and it was good (spec) but was wondering about suspension settings or maybe it is just different and something that I will grow accustomed to feeling.
Have the bearings checked. Might also have the frame checked if that is not the problem.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, I will try to see if one of the guys I work with will trade bikes for 5 or 10 minutes to see if his has the same feeling. I sure hope it isn't anything to do with frame or bearings as it is so new.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
have you looked at the chain adjustment? Is the rear wheel tracking true? (Aligned.)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point, I have not checked alignment yet. I'll break out the string tonight and do some checking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts