Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I’ve been reading this forum for a while, its great!! But now I finally need to ask a question I couldn’t find an answer to via the search.

I have a set of new Heli Bars that I’m going to install on my 93 900rr, but it looks like the brake master cylinder is going to be in the way of the wind screen support. So I guess my first question is have any of you ever had the pleasure of installing Heli Bars on an older 900 (like mine)? If so how did you solve the master cylinder issue?

TIA

·
Registered
117 Posts
wow. thats a new one. I cant say that I have ever heard of heli bars on a 900. I dont see how the master cylinder is hitting, but I do see how the resivoir could. Looking at mine ('95 model), the only easy solution would be to bend the bracket down (the one that holds your resivoir up) more horizontal to the bars . :idunno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goose said:
wow. thats a new one. I cant say that I have ever heard of heli bars on a 900. I dont see how the master cylinder is hitting, but I do see how the resivoir could. Looking at mine ('95 model), the only easy solution would be to bend the bracket down (the one that holds your resivoir up) more horizontal to the bars . :idunno:
You're right my bad, it is the resivoir; and that's what I was going to do, but I figured someone may have come up with a better solution. But hey I'm not above part "Modification" :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had Heli Bars on my '96 900RR, and bending the bracket for the reservior was all I needed to do to make the bars compatible. Makes a big difference in how the bike feels, including the ergonomics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I'm going for I’d like to be able to ride in greater comfort for longer periods of time, and I figured this was the best way to do it.

So bending the bracket it is thanks for the input!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts