Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I changed my stock bars to Heli Bars a few months ago and what a difference, much more comfortable riding position for a start. I also modified my seat with both of these mods I have the perfect setup. These mods have improved my bike in a positive way although it did take me about a week to adjust to the new bars (felt like riding motocross) I am a spirited rider but don't do track days. I would not go back to the stock bars at all. Some IOM TT riders (road racers) have modified bars so that must tell you something. If you are on the race track that is a different story. With Heli bars you also don't need to change any cables...bonus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update since my post at 2015 on Heli Bars...still enjoying them on my bike if it wasn't for them and my own seat conversion I would have been on a different bike by now having a bit of arthritis ...its called ageing :laugh but I love my Blade and cant think of another bike I would trade it for. I like the Triumph Speed Tripple 1050 which my mate has just bought but no cant be tempted yet. :devil

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Update since my post at 2015 on Heli Bars...still enjoying them on my bike if it wasn't for them and my own seat conversion I would have been on a different bike by now having a bit of arthritis ...its called ageing :laugh but I love my Blade and cant think of another bike I would trade it for. I like the Triumph Speed Tripple 1050 which my mate has just bought but no cant be tempted yet. :devil
I’ve just sold my Street Triple after just a year, brilliant bike and good at everything, I just found it a bit soulless and I just ended up not really using it. Which was a waste really, especially when we’re so tight on space in the garage, guess I just prefer older Sportsbikes.

I was up and out on my RR-P at 6.00 am this morning, mainly empty roads, I did about 70 miles with a stop for breakfast, came home and just once again paused for thought and realised what brilliant bikes they are. Every ride feels like an occasion, and even with a 16” front wheel they handle and change direction so well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is one great looking bike. No I wont be buying the Triumph although they are great bikes. My son also rides a Blade in the UK he put me onto them in the first place a few years ago when I rode his while over there, no going back now.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
So would you buy one? . . .
I am busting to buy the proposed Daytona 765 Moto 2 replica. Both Triumph and dealers are so tight lipped about it that it sort of proves it must be very close to release. I'd tip the November NEC show (National Exhibition Centre for non-UKers)for a sneak peak:smile

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trying to revive the good old economy...motorbiking at its best !!

G'day all,

Just a brief intro... I and my mates, have recently ventured into organising motorcycling group tours for international riders to ride in Australia and New Zealand (maybe 8-10 riders per group). Looking for fellow Aussies to support this new venture....

We need someone who is passionate about riding, knows his gear very well, is not afraid of fixing his toy or assist fellow riders in case of minor problems and who is confident of riding for 7-14 days with the group.

Looking to hear from an enthusiastic bloke, who is happy to join the motorcycle group tour as a lead rider and can co-ordinate basic logistics admin work with us during the trip. Most of the tour will be pre-arranged months in advance by us. The only admin work the lead rider needs to do is to coordinate with the support van for any last-minute hiccups that may arise during the tour.

Please reply to this message or alternatively you can contact us at [email protected]

Cheers
Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts