Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever heard of the Convertibars? Anyone got any kind of experience with either one? I love my 929, but I also like to go on long rides and be a bit more comfy since I'm 6'4 and aboot 255lbs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Their website looks pretty good in terms of being comprehensive about the product, installation, bike fitment, etc. Cycle World reviewed them on a Gixxer 1000 and said they were generally pretty good. The website has pictures of them installed on a 929 but it says, "Slight fairing side contact depending on positioning." Looks like the master cylinder and/or throttle cables may contact the fairing on a full lock left turn if you've got the bars adjusted all the way out (most comfortable position).

I've now got a bit of arthritis in my neck, so rides longer than 30 minutes on my 954 are torture. But for the 954, the website says, "Fairing restricts travel in several positions." I wonder what that means? Maybe not much adjustment therefore not much increased comfort? I'd also be interested if anyone has experience with these.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts