Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought myself an RR1 fireblade a week or so ago :) its fantastic and already loving it to bits. I'm finding it easier to ride smoothly and quickly than any of my previous bikes. Its lovely. Anyway I thought I'd drop by, say hello and introduce myself. I've owned a few bikes over the years including a Honda BROS 650, Suzi SV650, Honda VTR a Honda VFR, Triumph speed triple 1050 and now the Fireblade CBR929. Currently I'm living down on the south coast of the UK and I ride something like 300 miles per week all year round. Love that blade and hoping its going to last me a good few years. I do most of my servicing and repairs myself although I'm a little out of practice as my last bike was new so I tried to maintain the service history in the log book :rolleyes:

Now this morning on the way to work I got an FI error code, 35. From looking at the forums here I can see its an HTEV servo problem, I don't hear a whining sound (as if its stuck) but I can hear a click when I rev the bike. I'm thinking maybe the valve is stuck closed in the exhaust? So I have a couple of questions
1) is the HTEV servo really necessary? Could I just remove the airbox flap, open the exhaust valve and remove the cables to the servo? Will doing this cause any damage long-term?
2) If its just an intermittent fault how do you clear it? On my Triple for example if a fault occurred it would keep giving you the error code until the bike had been run to normal running temperature 3 times. If the fault was no longer present the error would clear and not be shown any more. I only ask as I believe the bike has been standing for some time and maybe the valve was stuck but has since freed up.

cheers
Mark.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Now this morning on the way to work I got an FI error code, 35. From looking at the forums here I can see its an HTEV servo problem, I don't hear a whining sound (as if its stuck) but I can hear a click when I rev the bike. I'm thinking maybe the valve is stuck closed in the exhaust? So I have a couple of questions
1) is the HTEV servo really necessary? Could I just remove the airbox flap, open the exhaust valve and remove the cables to the servo? Will doing this cause any damage long-term?
2) If its just an intermittent fault how do you clear it? On my Triple for example if a fault occurred it would keep giving you the error code until the bike had been run to normal running temperature 3 times. If the fault was no longer present the error would clear and not be shown any more. I only ask as I believe the bike has been standing for some time and maybe the valve was stuck but has since freed up.
Note 1) is exactly the way to fix it.
I don't believe I've ever heard of an intermittant problem with the servo motor - it usually just fails and if you replace it, it'll fail again eventually.
To clear the error code you need to fix the cause. If you don't fix the servo motor then you will always have the error light. It doesn't affect the bike in any way though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, I recon thats a job for the weekend then. Along with fitting a hugger, double-bubble and an end-can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts