Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just really getting into the old "way of the blade" I own a 929 and luv it, much better than my old Marlboro Yam T-cat! Anyway Ive just bought a set of sprockets 15tooth front and 44tooth stealth rear and was wondering what chain to get? I know it should be standard length with 530 pitch but what is the standard length...108?? Also will this screw up my speedo readout, if after the sprocket upgrade my speedo reads say 40mph what will I really be doing? Cheers in advance! Safe ridin'

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, you dont know what will fix this do you? any gizmos or doodahs that will correct my speed?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
:welcome: Welcome to the forum. Your speedo will be off and if you want it to be correct you'll need to get a Speedohealer. It just hooks inline with your speed sensor and makes a correction after you calibrate it.

HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro and X-TRE -

Also any name brand chain is good. I just bought a Gold D.I.D X-Ring. I get good life from them. I buy a 120 link and size it myself. Your sprocket combo changes length so unless someone else knows your combination that's the safest way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent, thanks for the link will check it out! dont suppose you know the code for the DID chain ie ZVM?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I bought my DID X ring chain from M&P, while I don't really rate M&P their price was too good to refuse. Dunno what type it is exactly, I think it's the one Denzee is talking about.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah M&P are ok for stuff, Ive bought from them before must check out there chains, bit of an arse tho as there search facility is rubbish! I find that to locate the item your looking for involves trawling through loads of pages, will have a look tho. Thanks all
:dance:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
is there a big difference in price between DID and RK cheers
:) :)
I've never looked, as I had already bought the DID before hearing about RK..... I don't even know any suppliers of RK chains.

I would suspect the RK ones are cheaper. I understand they last well too.

The easiest thing would be to do some google searching, or try eBay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts