Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Sean. I love motorcycles! My dad blessed me with the passion at the young age of 3...thanks dad! Ive rode dirt bikes my whole life, raced moto-x for 20yrs now, rode street since I was 19 & tried racing WERA for about 2 years! Im having problems with my 2009 Honda CRF450 getting gas in the engine oil? This seems like more of a street bike site but FI motorcycles are be it street or dirt are all using the same technology so can anyone help?
Honda offered me no help what so ever & even went on to say they have never heard of this problem. Huge lie because MXA magazine called them out on it last summer.
Anyway keep riding...Motorcycles are the greatest addiction in the world!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Probably looking at a Fuel Pressure Regulator. It's mounted usually on the fuel rail at the engine. It's about 1" round and has a vacuum line going to it. Pull the line of and if that line is wet inside with gas, the FPR has failed and the engine is sucking fuel in through this line. In your case shouldn't it be warranty?

Make sure you change your oil and filter since it's full of fuel.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Alot of people with 09's complain about the smell of gas in the oil, I never got to the bottom of why,but a couple of things I heard it might be are, mapping or gas passing through the rings, but I have also heard that it is totally normal for an 09. I ride an 07 so sorry I can't help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts