Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Honda 929rr. I have noticed the front end is off. With the front tire strait the triple tree is about 4 degrees to the right. How do I get it back in the center as it should be, so the handle bars/tree is strait? It’s not a big deal the bike handles fine but it’s kind of like the steering wheel in your car being a quarter turn from where it should be. I guess I’m anal but it bugs me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ummm you should be anal about this! Are you sure the forks are not bent, or even the front axle isn't tweaked? My 1993 900rr had a bent front axle shaft and caused the same thang to happen, easy check is to take the axle out and roll it on the fat width side of a 2by4. Also can loosen the bolts to the lower triple tree and have a buddy hold the tire while you turn the handles to the desired location. Just make sure those forks arn't buggerd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I have checked every thing. Nothing seams to be bent. Axle is good. Tubs are good. I was thinking of loseing every thing up and see if I can straiten it but it just does not look like that would do any good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.