Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im from the other side of the internet and am a refugee I guess. I just really got turned off when everyone was all bonered up over some youtube joey "test driving" a sc82 by lane splitting and generally being a prick in town and on busy highways.....for a test drive of a world class superbike. I pointed out how negatively this type of thing reflects on us and how useless his "review" was and found out my values greatly differ from that of others whom I thought were more like minded. So now Im a crabby old guy shaking his fist at these young kids and their damned wheelies and loud pipes. Speaking of wheelies and loud pipes...I am about to pick up a SC82. I had the most beautiful 15' repsol that I had to part with in a story I dont currently want to re-live. That brought me to a 19' sp1 which I learned to love(13k miles this past season, 15 total) after what seemed like fighting the electronics the duration of my first tire....speaking of tires, remember they are cold this time of year and require extra time to heat up. So Im bringing home a SC82 soon.
Enough I's and me's, whats up with you's? Any big plans or teardowns for winter or are you blessed with snow( hopefully alot) and a snowmobile for the "off" season too?

PS: what bag of wieners at H thought the SC77 didnt need a energy seat available like for the previous model?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,332 Posts
Hey CC, welcome to Fireblades.org! Not a lot of action here on models past the SC33 I’m afraid. And I’m not versed at all on an SC82. The latest generation of the Fireblade just hasn’t sold enough in the US to reach the market saturation as the original SC28 or SC33 did back almost 30 years ago. It’s a shame that the original $8,500 900RR is now an almost 30$k motorcycle, which makes it pretty much a unicorn in local markets. I always go to this pic of when I worked at my local H dealer when the 929 debuted in 2000. Never saw sales numbers like the 929 back then, even when the porky first 04 1k came out. Sport bike sales (and factory production) have dwindled to almost nil where I live (New England). The industry here is almost defunct here, and COVID really hurt us here. It’s a damn shame. I’ve unfortunately been saying it for years. I’ve had 3 old girls over the last 27 years. All different. Post up some info on your new purchase when you get it 👍🏻
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like Im your SC82 huckleberry then. Closing on some land is taking longer and that pushed back the pickup date a week or so. I sent the dealership the RC19 corsa corta master that never made it onto the sc77 to consume some of the lost time. Ill start a genuine build log then because this bike is going to take some work just to de-restrict and get it where it should have shipped. My next biggest concern is going to be sprocket change and what that means for this bikes systems...I thought it screwed up everything on the last gen and so did tire size even. Now this bike is six axis instead of five and if I remember right, the problem was the cpus math to get that sixth axis "calculation" and changing variables screwed it all up...so maybe all I need is a speedo healer and a sprocket(likely just one instead of both for a mild change).
As far as where the two wheel industry is going, Im afraid on all fronts. Prices are skyrocketing. Gas engines are being demonized. UTV market is booming. There is almost no real interest in electric motorcycles and I cant see that changing without breakthrough battery technology. This is one of the driving reasons for the SC82 purchase, we may be robbed of the silver haired silver years of corvettes and cheap insurance five under the speed limit so do it while you can is my new theory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts