Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just thought I would actually take a minute to introduce myself as I am planning on leaning heavily on all of your knowledge and experience in my upcoming project. First off, I have been riding hondas since I was 12 years old. I currently have been riding my 06 VTX1800F that I bought new and love it, but over the pasty year I have been longing for something I could carve canyons with a little better. So I came across an incredible deal on craigslist last week. I got my hands on a clean 93 CBR900RR with 12k miles but a shot electrical system. It was towed to my local Honda dealership where I gave the owner $500 for it! Other than electrical I would say given the age the bike is a solid 7 so Im pretty happy with the purchase and eager to get crackin on fixing it. I have 10 years experience in 12v electricity so I should be ok for the most part but after doing some reading on here I am learning that the blades are a little notorious for electrical issues. I just got it on Saturday and its been cold here in Colorado so I haven't started taking her apart yet, but I believe I am gonna be doing a Stator and regulator/rectifier and possibly the main harness. So if anyone has any suggested reading for me or tips it would be much appreciated! Thanks for reading this!

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
:welcome: A Haynes or Clymer manual for the bike would do for some good reading. Lets see some pics...... Good luck with the bike!!!:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts