Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would love to visit texas the home of the blues
my hero is/was stevie ray vaughan i know he was from austin but its gotta be close eh:shades:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
bladerrx said:
nice to hear from you all :)
@ratter.......yeah that was him if you see him again give him a slap:cycle:

Ok! anyone see with a pommy accent gets slapped ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hallo bladerrx.

Ever been to Shropshire? I hear the A49 is good. Probably better with a 15t sprocket and a full system though.

;)

·
Registered
692 Posts
bladerrx said:
@fire929blade is that road on your avtar in norway cos it looks a belter
chris
The road is in Italy (the Stelvio Pass)...:freebird: It rocked bigtime! You can find a bigger version of the pic if you check out my member gallery. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@the doctor...........i thought you were a professor dont tell me your a doctor as well
ah yes i remember the a49 well one of the finest roads i have broken the law on........not that i would condone such behaviour:cycle:

@929blade.............what are the roads like in norway?i have this mental picture of everything being covered in snow and there being no light..............maybe i should watch the discovery channel more:idunno:
regards
chris

·
Registered
67 Posts
new job starts next year. so "Dr" for now. :)

Don't know about the roads in Norway but I went there last winter (working!) and a moose came running alongside the train. Awesome. And the cars all had snow tyres on Oslo and I have never been so amazed at every day driving techniques (mostly v impressive). When it snows in the UK and everything grinds to a halt, they don't know they're born.

·
Registered
692 Posts
@929blade.............what are the roads like in norway?i have this mental picture of everything being covered in snow and there being no light..............maybe i should watch the discovery channel more:idunno:
regards
chris [/B][/QUOTE]

There are plenty of great roads in Norway, and I actually think you have a better chance of finding DRY roads in Norway than in the U.K. (Not sure though :p .. We do get our share of rain) I just read an article in CAR magazine about a roadtrip from Oslo to Hammerfest (northernmost city in the world), and the journos described the main road through Norway (E6) like this : " the main north-south route has stretches where it becomes so narrow and twisting it looks and feels like a remote unclassified British lane". I do most of my riding in the south eastern parts of the country, and to enjoy some really good twisties you've got stay off the main roads.. Guess that applies everywhere. My favourite types of roads are the ones that take you from one valley to another. Loads of turns towards the top, some stretches and sweeping turns on the "mountain" and lot's of turns going down again.
Things to look out for are COPS (plenty, especially during holidays), sheep!! and moose crossing the road. Diesel spills are relatively rare, but do happen.

You can find some cool vids from Norway here:RoadMC.com Go to videos and then to Norway.

I could show you some nice roads if you come to Oslo on a bike

:cycle:

Still winter for another 4-5 months though... I hate it!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts