Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Pascal and I'm new on this forum. I'm a mechanical engineer for a concrete 3D printing company here in the Netherlands but mostly I am passionate about motorcycles! I own a 1997 honda CBR 900 RR 919, and a Yamaha R3 and R6 but let's lease that out of the matter on this forum ;).
The main reason I joined this forum is to ask questions about the build I am planning on my blade. I want to do a rebuilding with a newer front end, a swingarm swap and some upgrades for a bit more power. I already know that I want to go for a 2005 1000 rr front end with a 929/954 triple tree, but I'm not quite sure about the swingarm.
I'm doubting between a vfr sssa and a rsv swingarm. My main concern is the wheelbase, the vfr will make that longer and I'm not sure about the rsv's. I want to take this bike to the track with my R6, so handeling must be in order, it's not a show bike (although I love the looks of the sssa to be complete honest).
Thanks in advance for welcoming me on this forum, I cant wait to get started with the build!

Pascal

· Premium Member
414 Posts
Hi Pascal, you've come to the right place. Have you already tried searching for answers in the site? You're right, sssa's look brilliant, but they are heavier. And with a 919 you'll need all the weightsaving you can get, particularly in the fast group at Assen!
I'm also living in NL , still running my 929 which has had its share of trackdays since I had it new, and is now in semi-retirement.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pascal, you've come to the right place. Have you already tried searching for answers in the site? You're right, sssa's look brilliant, but they are heavier. And with a 919 you'll need all the weightsaving you can get, particularly in the fast group at Assen!
I'm also living in NL , still running my 929 which has had its share of trackdays since I had it new, and is now in semi-retirement.
thanks for the reply! I'm going to try to shave as much weight of as possible, luckily I have the R6 as a pure trackday weapon (framenumber even says "race use only") but it would seem fun to use the fireblade as well and see how far I get ;)
I can't find a lot of info on the weight savings/costs on a swingarm swap but i'm hoping someone here has the required knowledge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts