Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and was looking around to see great info on beginner bikes and just info for new riders. I'm thinking about purchasing one sometime soon after i go through all the classes and tests. A few told me to think about the ninja 250 but than a lot of people said that is pretty small and i would get tired of it pretty quick. Im thinking Ninja 500R. Its not too big nor is it too small. How long would it last? Whats the best year i can purchase for a good price tag?

Any info would help....

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
:welcome: we call it a GPZ500S over here (I think) and it's a decent 500 and IMHO a sensible first bike. You can get them fairly cheap over here. I don't know a lot about them, but I do know the very early models had an issue with the starter motor if I remember, so avoid anything from the first 4-5 years to be safe. Apart from that they're all similar, so buy on condition and price rather than age.

I would go for the cheapest decent example I could find, and put as many miles as possible on it in a year, with a view to getting a 600 in a year's time (assuming you have covered a decent amount of miles in the first year).

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I've got a GPZ500S (EX500/Ninja 500) on a 97 Plate. Ideal learner bikes and commuter bikes too.

Just make sure you keep up with the servicing and general TLC (over here we get a lot of salt on these roads... lets just say I had to get a set of SS down pipes as a result - previous owner didn't look after it enough).

What do you hope to achieve out of riding?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts