Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

I've been lurking on here since about summer and decided it was time to introduce myself. I'm Christian and I'm from Tennessee. Go Vols! Currently I live in Georgia and am in my 3rd year of medical school at GA-PCOM in Lawrenceville. I picked up my 954 from a women sheriff here in june.

History:
I've been riding for a while now. Started out on dirt bikes as a kid and got a 98 Katana 600 in college, followed by a 600F4i, CBR600RR yellow (my favorite bike besides the 954 but wrecked her at Deal's Gap), VTR1000 Superhawk, and now my Blade. I've always wanted a 954 ever since they came out so I just LOVE her!! In 2003 when I bought my 600RR I really wanted a 954 but I had ridden my buddies 929 and knew it was too much for me. Finally found the ti one on craigslist for 5K but offered 4,700 and she took it. Bike has never been down but has some nicks on the decal on the left tank and some minor stuff elsewhere. Overall I've been extremely happy with her! She handled so well at the GAP!!! Finally have my dream bike! The bike didn't come with a manual so..... when should I change the coolant, plugs, transmission fluid? Bike has 17,000 on her.

The pics are from when I picked her up. Mods from previous owner: flushmounts, slip on carbon akrapovic (i don't think it's a full system but not sure), RR heel guards, and some ugly reflector stickers. My planned mods: undertail, scotts dampner, 520 chain with new sprokets, new tank decals, flushmount IVs clear up front. All of those parts are sitting in the garage with her now, just need some time off school.

anyhow, love the site!!! last pic is of my best friend Winston. He's a lab/pit mix that I picked up at the pound! He loves the blade even though he likes to growl at it :rotfl:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
:welcome: love the bike, it's the best colourscheme for the 954 IMHO and one of the few US schemes that's better looking than what the UK got.

Winston looks cool too!

One thing I will say is I strongly believe in All The Gear All The Time, especially for pillions - but hey it's entirely your choice.

Hope you have a good time at the .org!

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
:welcome: love the bike, it's the best colourscheme for the 954 IMHO and one of the few US schemes that's better looking than what the UK got.

Winston looks cool too!

One thing I will say is I strongly believe in All The Gear All The Time, especially for pillions - but hey it's entirely your choice.

Hope you have a good time at the .org!
What do you know about colour schemes?? you told me you were colour blind:eek::rotfl::rotfl:
:plus1:Bike looks wicked, luv the 954.:welcome:to the .Org and enjoy your stay:thumb:

·
Registered
900 Posts
:welcome: got to say i agree i love that colour, that said i have a pearlesant gold coupe....it is nice though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys!

does anyone know a quick way to tell if the exhaust is a full system or not?

also, when should the valves be checked? I really need to find a manual somewhere...

ps. about the gear, that was one of the first weekends on the bike and i hadn't bought my girl all the gear yet but she is all fixed up now. I know it's not an excuse but I really wanted to ride... and I didn't wear all mine just to remind myself to be careful with my baby on the back! You are right about the gear!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Simple to tell if you have full system is to look underneath left side of bike about 6" in front of side stand, if there is a chrome cover and a couple of cables then its standard, if not then it,s full system plus the pipes will look a lot smoother. They recomend doing shims at 16,000 miles. Did mine then, and again at 32,000 miles, had to replace the chain both srockets, adjuster 2 shimes and adjust the rest. £398.00 all in not to bad really.This might not be normal i ride a lot and always hard as i live in the sticks of Norfolk...and touch wood so far i get to use the bike to the full with out picking up points.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turns out I just have a slip-on. :thumbd:

anyone know where to pick up the other half of the full system? is that even possible?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Just keep looking on e-bay and here something will come up, never could justify a new system, to much dosh!! any way i get what i want from my standard system, just alter it a bit here and there, going to make a smooth centre piece to replace the standard unit, but dont recon it needs it really, just a simple mod...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts