Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after lowsided few weeks ago, My Shoei RF1000 was damaged so can't use it on the track anymore. Where I usually get my stuff (major price deal), they don't have my size so I'm screwed on getting something else.

My options are (for full black helmet may I add)

JVC top of the line
Or Scorpion? Never heard of

I want my shoei back but need an helmet by Saturday so I can do Gingerman and Grattan this weekend.

Help! That just boiles my ASSSSSSSSSSSs

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like my Scorpion. Like it far better than my Arai, in fact.

I had a JVC and never liked it...

What blows me is I have all the extra visors for all of my "helmets" Talk about waste of money :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well, I could get that for now and get my shoei later.

Kind of don't have much choice.....

shoei is nice...... that's what I get for not keeping my head up I guess :rotfl:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
RedRider didn't Todd at Calsportbike get your helmet out to you lickidy split in time for grattan?

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I had the same dilemma when I wrecked my RF900 and needed a lid for not too much money... Bought a Shark S800. Good fit, quiet, light. Only problem is that the visor mechanism is a bit junky.

I have a X11 now but I keep the Shark as a spare.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'm back with a new Scorpion. I will keep that one as a spare but for now it will have to do for this weekend.

Hammer, thanks for the sites. Will look into it to get my primary helmet.

Man........... money is just flying by these days..:eek:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
My Scorpion is so much more comfortable than my Arai it isn't even funny.

It fits better, has a better designed/more comfortable liner and padding, is lighter and has less wind noise. All that and better ventilation and a fog-free visor.

The Arai is relegated to third string duty, if that, and when it expires it will not be replaced by another Arai. Ever.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

It fits better, has a better designed/more comfortable liner and padding, is lighter and has less wind noise. All that and better ventilation and a fog-free visor.

The Arai is relegated to third string duty, if that, and when it expires it will not be replaced by another Arai. Ever.

I guess for the price, i'm happy knowing that........ but your avatar says you're 13 so that's a little scary..... what are you riding it with, moped?:evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I guess for the price, i'm happy knowing that........ but your avatar says you're 13 so that's a little scary..... what are you riding it with, moped?:evilaugh:
Shouldn't you be cooking or something :idunno: ...

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shouldn't you be cooking or something :idunno: ...
I'm done cooking, just ran 3 miles, and now giving you shit............:evilaugh: Oh, and i forgot............got a new helmet.

Reactions: CBR929RE

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
RedRider didn't Todd at Calsportbike get your helmet out to you lickidy split in time for grattan?
Yep, he sure did. My helmet got ruined when my basement sewer backed up. I called Cal-Sportbike at 5:00 pm and had a new Shoei at my door at 9:00 am the next morning. Had to pay the ovenight shipping, but it was worth it...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

:plus1:

I have have tried on about every helmet made and the scorpion is the only one that fit right. it has been the best and least expensive helmet yet. I have no idea though how it handles a crash. I always bought shoe and aria for the rep they had. Even though they never really fit right. And what the hell is arai charging 500 to 600 for helmets that don't have fully removable liners? (at least they did last year).

Oh i have two just in case i need a spare at the track. Still cheaper than an arai.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Scorpion here as well. The only manufacturer that would guarantee a "new" helmet (one that was manufactured within the past 6 months). Everyone else had stuff between 2 and 4 years old sitting on the shelf and I wasn't about to spend the money on a helmet that I could only use for a year or two before it no longer qualified for track/race use.

BTW, it is one of the nicest helmets I have ever owned.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The scorpions those fit me good but with my hair, I had to get a XL :eek:

Shoei was a large and JVC was a medium..... Could it be that my head is getting bigger. :idunno: ;)

I can get my Shoei for a major discount from a Bike place in Toledo and for me to order it plus the Overnight shipping cost, you talking like $200 more then what I can get it so I said no way, I'll wait.... and who knows, I may like the scorpion and stick to that. :)

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Frenchie, you should check with Todd at Cal-Sportbike on his discount prices (mention you're on Fireblades.org) for Shoeis. His price was lower than Helmet House and Helmet Harbor as well as all the local shops around here. :twocents:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts