Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I wear a Vega helmet and it is so-so. You guys riding with one know what I mean. I want to get a nicer helmet one that fits more comfortably. I know that Shoei makes a nice helmet but it has a heathly price tag. What do you recomend? Anyone try the new Scorpion helmets?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Aside from some general brand quality info, it's nearly impossible to get a good recommendation for a helmet by asking around. So much about helmet quality has to do with fit, and you can only know how well a helmet fits by trying it on. I'd recommend going to every shop you can and trying on the different models. Also, do your homework regarding safety standards and make your choice accordingly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a new Scorpion helmets (EXO 700 fury). I bought it because of its bang for the buck ratings that I have read up on. It has very high marks for safty and comfort. I have had the helmet now for 3 weeks, it feels pretty good, definitly has good air flow and it is imposible to fog it up. One draw back I think it is do to its great air flow, is that is a little noisier than my last 2 helmets (both HJC's).

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have an Arair RX-7 Corse-Air for warm weather and a Shoei X-11 for cooler/inclement weather. Both are Rep helmets... :cool:

But there's no reason not to buy the best level of helmet you can afford, but get a solid colour. If you want you can always get a custom spray job later when you can afford it... or heaven forbid... leave it plain.

I understand from a couple of articles that KBC builds a good quality helmet for a very reasonable price.:O :D :) .

The most important thing is to buy one that fits you shape of head... that means you gotta try them on first.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts