Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into getting an orange hi-def shield, how good are they to use at night and day?

Background:I do most of my riding to work on the highway (30 min 1 way) and I ride to work at 2pm and home at 10pm.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I've been tempted a few times to get a coloured shield, but after riding around with one for about 20 minutes I decided against it. The colouring really seems to throw me off, but it may be fine for you and cause no problems. If you can find someone that has one try it out if they will let you. I stick to mirrored/tinted and clear shields only, but again, that is only because I didn't like the coloured shields as they seemed to distort stuff to me (colouration anyway)

·
Banned
831 Posts
I don't know how tint can "throw you off" but I have had yellow tinted glasses while using a 3/4 helmet with no ill effects. Not the greatest on sunny days, but dusk it had an advantage. 2pm/10pm isn't dusk. Buy the helmet if it fits comfortably and you like and replacement visors are cheap and routine for any riders budget.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Looking into getting an orange hi-def shield, how good are they to use at night and day?

Background:I do most of my riding to work on the highway (30 min 1 way) and I ride to work at 2pm and home at 10pm.
I used to wear "shooting" glasses with a clear shield when I went on long (8+ hour) trips. YES the color change was weird at first (bright greens, traffic signals were BLUE instead of green, etc.) but I found my eyes far less fatigued than with just a smoked shield or clear shield (without glasses). I've since tried the AMBER shield, and like it as well... but prefer the option of removing the glasses with amber lens if I choose. Most department or auto parts stores have a wide range of these glasses to test out for ideal fitment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts