Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy who wants to sell me his helmet but it's really tight on my cheeks.. It's brand new, is this how all of em start and then start to loosen up?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
well what was the answer you found? lol its my opinion a well fitting lid should kinda give you fish lips! they will loosen up after they break in a little. better tight than loose(insert perverted joke here)

·
Registered
560 Posts
As far as i understand it, as long as its snug against your skull without any tight spots its good. And tight around the face is better than loose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol blunt.. I'll try to keep it mororcycle related ��.. Thanks everybody.. I really likd the helmet.. It's a fulmer.. I think I might need the next size up tho

·
Registered
316 Posts
Fit is the most important thing concerning safety when chosen a helmet. Closely followed by its safety rating (i.e. snell, ece. Dot etc.). Check out Sharp safety ratings for more info. They rate many lids.

·
Banned
831 Posts
Arai makes different shaped helmets for different shaped heads. If you don't want to ante up for that price for such comfort and thought out design, some helmets come with different styles that fit one shape head over another. It's not just measuring size. Compare HJC, to Shoei, to Icon, and you should feel a different in the same size across the three.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Arai makes different shaped helmets for different shaped heads. If you don't want to ante up for that price for such comfort and thought out design, some helmets come with different styles that fit one shape head over another. It's not just measuring size. Compare HJC, to Shoei, to Icon, and you should feel a different in the same size across the three.
:plus1:

I wear a Shark Speed R and find it fairly comfortable but tried on an Arai..
Should not have done that.... The fitment for my noggin is next to perfect.

You really do get a huge variation in shape between brands. Try them all and see what you like.
Unfortunately for me, my noggin has expensive taste.. :thumbd:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Shake your head with the helmet on. If it moves it's too large. Like everyone stated above, i like my helmets to fit snug....they will loosen up over time and at speed it's a guarantee your lid won't move and start pulling up or slipping around on your head. If there is pressure on your forehead or back of your head then try a size larger or a different brand helmet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts