Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to motorcycles so i had to get a new helmet. I'm stationed in Okinawa, Japan, so I don't have the luxury of just going to a bike shop and trying things on. I followed a video on sizing my head and bought an Icon Airmada helmet size medium. When it finally got here I immediately put it on. It is very snug and the cheek pads push on my cheeks very much. It's to the point where if I bite down too fast I will literally bite the inside of my cheeks. When I take the helmet it off I feel like I am squishing my head. Is the helmet too small or is my head just the wrong size for it?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I am new to motorcycles so i had to get a new helmet. I'm stationed in Okinawa, Japan, so I don't have the luxury of just going to a bike shop and trying things on. I followed a video on sizing my head and bought an Icon Airmada helmet size medium. When it finally got here I immediately put it on. It is very snug and the cheek pads push on my cheeks very much. It's to the point where if I bite down too fast I will literally bite the inside of my cheeks. When I take the helmet it off I feel like I am squishing my head. Is the helmet too small or is my head just the wrong size for it?

Sounds pretty close to me.
Lids loosen up fairly quickly.
You need to pull the lid apart by the straps when putting it on and off.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I only wear Icons now. My helmets, when new, make my jaw sore from the pads pushing into my cheeks. But after a couple months it fits perfect. Don't worry about it. Worst case scenario, you can just order a set of smaller cheek pads. But I think your sizing is correct

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Like said, from the sounds of it.. It fits just about how it should.

The cheek pads will break in, and it will fit just a little bit more loose.

As for biting down to fast and biting your cheek.. I dont really ride with my jaw open, so I have never had to worry about it.

·
Banned
277 Posts
:confused::rotfl:

·
Registered
321 Posts
some helmets runs smaller than others. I had an XL HJC that was too big for my head and then switched to a scorpion that was a 3x that ended up being snug. some helmets the sizing is different so its always good to fit them on before you buy. thats why i fit them on in the store but buy them on line

·
Registered
921 Posts
Is Stec's gone? I went there for a ton of my motorcycle stuff when I was in Okinawa. Last I knew they are on highway 58.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
some helmets runs smaller than others. I had an XL HJC that was too big for my head and then switched to a scorpion that was a 3x that ended up being snug. some helmets the sizing is different so its always good to fit them on before you buy. thats why i fit them on in the store but buy them on line
I got lucky there. Helmet Center is like 3 miles from me and they're as cheap as anybody online. I take a 5 minute drive for one-stop helmet shopping

1 - 11 of 11 Posts