Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 929 is having what i think may be fueling issues.

The past couple days I have went for a ride the bike will start fuel cutting randomly until it finally cuts off. Sometimes i can cycle the key to start it and sometimes i can cycle the cutoff switch. This past time it started doing it and when it died i could get it started but if I stop giving it throttle it will cut off. i limped it home but i had to give it throttle anytime i stopped or it would die.
I am thinking it may be the fuel pump, but when i cycle the key the pump comes on and sounds strong.

Has anyone had this problem or know what could be causing it? Thanks fo rany help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once it starts to cut out it does it at any RPM or throttle application, that's why i suspect its fueling. I pulled the vacuum line off the FPR and it doesn't leak, so that should be good but it could still be bad i guess. I just don't want to buy a pump if its the FPR or maybe injectors.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Sometimes i can cycle the key to start it and sometimes i can cycle the cutoff switch.
I noticed that first time, but it sort of eliminates the ECU, the sensors... you'd think. What's the ounce of fuel per key-cycle number? :huh: Visual being the purge out the fuel line in the beaker? Strong flow, or ??? Shop manual page says?

Edit: Looked up the year/etc. 16900-MBG-013 Fuel filter. 50 bucks or go to a dealer and see they match net prices. That, or NAPA a match. 15 year old filter ever been changed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New development. If i keep the bike under a certain RPM it will run fine. As soon as i get on it too hard it starts running like crap and will cut off if Im not giving it throttle. Once i cycle the key its back to running fine. Does the 929 have 2 sets of injectors or just one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts