Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had a problem while installing a GPS tracker for my CBR 929. It did not work, and my bike stopped working. Took it off. Bike does not even turn on anymore.
Now I am getting error codes 1, 7, 8, 9 and 34 from the FI light.
I am very desperate in here. Could you please give some advice??
Thanks...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi,

I had a problem while installing a GPS tracker for my CBR 929. It did not work, and my bike stopped working. Took it off. Bike does not even turn on anymore.
Now I am getting error codes 1, 7, 8, 9 and 34 from the FI light.
I am very desperate in here. Could you please give some advice??
Thanks...

Did you cut into any of electrics?
The only GPS tracker I've used is completely self-contained with its own battery.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you cut into any of electrics?
The only GPS tracker I've used is completely self-contained with its own battery.
Yes, electrics were cut. I got the bike this year, and some wires underneath the rider seat were already cut and amended (twisted back together).

The company who tried to install this GPS cut some more wires, and this happened. They amended the wires back together, but did not work.

Is it possible that they burned/ruined my ECU? Or could be only a bad contact in the wires?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Can burned fuses cause this??

Possibly but I don't think so.
Personally, I would start with replacing the harness with an undamaged one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem was very simple: a burned Diode, that black piece inside the fuse box.

What a relief!!!!!

Besides that, as I can't buy a new harness in Brazil, the mechanic will remake the old one, the parts that are amended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts