Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is wreckin my head and my wallet!
Have an oem end can which is defo from a 93 blade, got headers in from germany that are from a 1996 machine but are the same part number as the 1993 bike! They didn't fit to the end can even slightly-see pic. The 3 mounting holes line up but the mount to the rear foot peg is off in 2 ways!

Anyway i blamed that on the year of the bike- so got money back and got a set of oems from a 1993 blade from the uk and its the same problem. I'm just bummed out about it tbh- spent alot of time and m oney on the blade and am well stuck here. Anyone know of this problem?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Honda moved the orientation of the mounting studs. My impression was that this was done on the RR-W RR-X models. If the downpipes are stainless then they are off the late models. I would keep the stainless pipes and get hold of a can from a '98 model. (Plenty of standards on E-bay for buttons, lets you confirm the correct mountings).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.