Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battery

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i got a honda from this cat everything seemed cool until like Monday my bike just wont start without a jump, even with a new battery, it starts right up after that, i try to take off n itll just die out, idk what the problem is i JUST started riding and this is killing the enjoyment

·
Registered
100 Posts
Year, millage? How long does it run? Is is fully warmed up?
When it dies, can you start it again?
What this fuel problem as the topic says?
Where does the fuel leak(?) come from?
Could be a idle circuit, fuel pressure regulator or pump controller issue. Electrical issues.
Gotta be more specific with the faults.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Replace your regulator it died because there is a short on your bike somewhere your battery drains cuz the regulator diods blew . . . so altho you jump start it it wont idle or run for long . . . as its not charging the battery.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
charging system will need to be tested. just follow the instructions on the chart to find the problem/problems. youll need a multimeter. these are the same simple tests a repair shop would do to locate the issue. dont go throwing money at buying parts until you know what the problem is. it could be multiple things. inspect the wiring closely and replace and melted or burnt sections. replacement connectors/wiring is easy to source.

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/Troubleshooting-3P-PMG-&-RR.pdf

Reactions: jdoni

·
Registered
27 Posts
No 'real' description as to issues. Better detail, step by step, in order to answer with solidarity on troubleshooting.
Ex:
1. Put key in.
2. Turn key.

Year and make would be a great start for ANYONE to give good advice.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
No FI light?
Your title says gas spitting out the exhaust, yet you only mention a charging problem?
I agree with 954Kevin on diagnosing, that is if you can keep the bike running long enough to do the test.
It needs to be at operating temp to get accurate results. But you can get an adea of how close you are even on a semi-warm engine. (I'm told by a tech-I don't know that for a fact.)
I guess the first thing I'd test is DCV coming to the battery right after you start it. Just hook a multimeter to each of the battery terminals. Look for at least 13 volts at idle and about 14.5 at 4000-5000 rpm.More than 15.5 is dangerous and means a problem. Stop the bike if it goes that high so you don't fry your battery or the rest of the electrical system. Flick the highbeam on when revving and see if that drags the voltage down and by how much, it should be minimal.

If your charging system is not giving you the readings you need, it's time to also test the stator before just slapping in a new reg/rec.

If your battery is any less than 12 volts at rest with engine stopped, (after a couple hour cool down from any charging), then it's toast. Need to replace.

Follow the wiring from the battery to the reg/rec, and inspect the condition of them. look for chaffing, or burn/heat signs especially at the connectors. Also find the three Yellow wires that run from the reg/rec to the stator and inspect them as well. Pull apart, clean, a dab of dielectric grease, and reconnect.

More to come when you give us some feedback. :)

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
No 'real' description as to issues. Better detail, step by step, in order to answer with solidarity on troubleshooting.
Ex:
1. Put key in.
2. Turn key.

Year and make would be a great start for ANYONE to give good advice.
600F4i is pretty descriptive for basic fuel and charging issues.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I can totally see how Taglicious missed the bike model, it wasn't obvious, and I am assuming only because of the OP's screen name.
I didn't mean to be rude to Tag. Sorry if I came off that way.

How about some more information Dre600F4I?
Have you had a chance to look at it since your first post?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,119 Posts
:rotfl: I'll admit I was right here with him until you posted with his user name. And it being in the 600 forum, which mostly when I hit "active topics" I don't look at what forum the posts are in. DOH! Hahaha I'll also admit I'm a little leary of replying with assistance because who starts their first thread with a poll that really serves no purpose :idunno:, and polls take some time to figure out and post. And no response yet either.......

I'll wait and see.

Oh and BTW Jon, I L O V E the new avatar:thumb:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
I was gonna say that too. hi Jon :hi:

anyone want to start taking bets as to when he'll reply?

Reactions: jdoni

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Ah shucks, thanks guys. :O

You never know, sometimes people run into life's distractions. It is kind of a disjointed post, and his very first one. Time will tell.

I'd guess he's a newb to working on bikes: just what this forum is good at. As long as he comes back with something substantive, we can probably help him get going in the right direction.

Agreed about the poll, kinda useless. :idunno:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ohhh, I rank number one in the poll with "other". :popcorn:. Strange/misleading post indeed. I'll go give you all rep points for caring.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Recently i got a honda from this cat everything seemed cool until like Monday my bike just wont start without a jump, even with a new battery, it starts right up after that, i try to take off n itll just die out, idk what the problem is i JUST started riding and this is killing the enjoyment
Recently, I've see one's MO and the guys withe keys to this place do not see it. :huh: I'm more covering my mouth and hiding the hee-hee-hoo-you are not catching the yank on your crank. (popcorn smilie in use)

Seems cool until I start in with this clown. 'Buy monday my hydrant was pissing all over this place, even with a new battery and it keyfobs with a keds sneaker kind of jumping in here' and I can't stop smirking. Dis guy is good! :rotfl::clap:

Nose is way around the bike. Knows to setup the abstract so you can diagnose your asses off and 0h wait till he comes back? Meanwhile, sneeze is coming up with more goofs on... how much you wanna bet?

As you can tell I didn't come here to play with your problems. The tech speaks in the absolute is open book you read between the lines.

Signed,
NOLTT (and you wonder why I sign off withis)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts