Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post on these forums, even though I am looking through threads everyday, I can't seem to find the solution.

I have a 99 car f4 and about a week ago I was out riding and my bike stalled out at a light. 10 mins later I managed to get it started back up and as soon as I stop, stalls again.

I take the bike home and take apart and clean the carbs and replace the spark plugs and now the bike won't start at all. Tank is switched to on, primed it, etc. Any suggestions?

Also before it really got f*** up the bike was slow, acceleration was poor. I could barely get past 90 on the highway. Figured it was the carbs

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
could be lots of things...

do you smell gas? could it be a failing FPR?

how old is your battery...? stator...? regulator/rectifier...?

what sparkplugs did you install? did you check the gap? what was the measurement? did you accidentally "criss-cross" sparkplug wires? are they fully seated on the plugs? what is the condition of your wires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could be lots of things...

do you smell gas? could it be a failing FPR?

how old is your battery...? stator...? regulator/rectifier...?

what sparkplugs did you install? did you check the gap? what was the measurement? did you accidentally "criss-cross" sparkplug wires? are they fully seated on the plugs? what is the condition of your wires?
I did smell gas but one of the carbs were leaking before and I fixed it so i could have been smelling that. And the battery is new about a month old everything else was on from when I bought the bike.

And I got ngk plugs didn't measure figured they were already gapped. Wires are in correct places.

I did pull one of the plugs out earlier and it was a little wet. I think it was gas or oil.

When One of the carbs was leaking I took off the float bowl and it didn't seem like gas was in it. Is it supposed to be filled?

The carbs are in good condition barely had to clean them. Jets were clear

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pulled all plugs today only #1 had a little residue on it. All were sparking for sure. Checked the drain screws on the float bowls gas is coming out so there's gas. Idk what else it could be. Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would check if it is firing on all cylinders, start it and mist the headers with water (or touch them) to so if they are warm or evaporate the water. also check what unslow1 listed. When my bike had issues was trouble shooting and the regulator/rectifier plug was melted causing shorts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts