Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '06 1000rr in Japan and imported her to the United States. Really never had enough room to open her up and run flat out. I took a ride last weekend and got up to 187 kph (haven't replaced the speedo with mph yet) I have searched the site and found a lot of info on the speed at which the bike is actually limited to. I can tell you that mine will go 187 and then it is like someone shuts the fuel off every alternating second. Hit that speed in fourth at moderate RPM's I have also found links that take me to products to de-restrict the '08-'09 but nothing yet for mine. Can anyone recommend a good way to de-restrict my '06? Would it change my top speed to 186 mph if I replace the speedo? What benifits do I get by running a U.S. model ECU? Had to sit idley in the seat as I got spanked by a U.S. R-6 on the straight away. Not to be outdone I at least got the pleasure of stuffing him in the twisties.:evilaugh:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.