Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am removing the engine from my 96 foxeye blade everything has went smoothly until now I am trying to remove the rear lower mount bolt that goes right through the frame with the castle nut on it I removed the bolt and Castle nut and went to removed the bolt from the left side with no joy!
I have tried everything heated it up,lubed it smacked it with a hammer lol the bolt was turning a bit but it wasn't loosening off I was hoping it would snap but it didn't it rounded off so I went at it with easy out socket and that never budged it either,am I missing something or should it just be a case of taking that 14 mm bolt out and chapping the pin through?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well tonight I drilled the head of the bolt off and tried to punch the bolt out but no joy can anyone tell me which way the bolt even goes? Thanks

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,352 Posts
Here is the clutch side:

Here is the side stand side:

I would assume that if you took all the other mount bolts out and all the weight of the engine was on this long bolt it might not come out. Have you hit it with a hammer and a drift?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh I left all the mounts on loose jacked it up to take the stress off it,took all the mounts off etc made no difference the side stand bolt head rounded aff so I have drilled that head off and about half inch into the frame and smacked the hell out of it with a punch and it wouldn't budge

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,352 Posts
The shaft of that long bolt is exposed under the engine. I would assume that it's seized on either side of where it engages the frame/engine. I guess maybe a little more heat and hammering will be needed. It's just a long bolt like the mount above it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts