Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to repaint my 95 cbr900 but ever since ive had the bike the tail fairings dont line up. The left side touchs the rear seat and the right side has a good size gap and I dont think its the fairings but I might be wrong so can someone help me out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had both sides of all the fairings off before and put them back on but i cant get the tail to line up. Could it be where the bolts go into, could they be bent out of place or something?

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Chances are that the subframe is bent. But nobody can tell you that without actually looking at it and taking lots of measurements.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would the local honda shop be able to do that? Or an auto body shop? Or if its easy I could do it myself if someone could tell me how

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Would the local honda shop be able to do that? Or an auto body shop? Or if its easy I could do it myself if someone could tell me how
That's a hard one. If you have your frame looked at by a Computrac dealer they will charge you $1000.00 to straighten it.
If you took it to a dealer, chances are that the guy looking at your bike has as much chance of finding it as you do. And you would pay for that service or lack there of.
Try taking the tail off and just look at everything. Use your line of site. Then look at the tail section to see if it has any flaws in it. Do the same for the seat. You can also look for straight Sub frames on E-Bay (be careful) if you find something out of wack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts