Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has been posted (in various forms) but I wanted to keep it simple and relevant for myself and for others with the same questions:

I am looking for an aftermarket exhaust and have narrowed it down to the following in no order of preference:

1. Two Brothers M-2 V.A.L.E
2. Yoshimura R-77
3. Taylor Made

My choices will depend on loudness of the Pipes; the looks; maintainability; the cost; and lastly Performance gains if any in order of importance.

I would like the Pipes to be loud with a deeper and throatier tone rather than the whine (current under 6000 RPM sound from stock pipes). I would like it to look nice and be mostly maintenance free. Cost and performance gains are not such a big factor. I am not looking for the full system just slip-ons. I like the looks of the stock pipes but dont like how they sound at all.

Also if there is someone who thinks like I do and has this question out so that I can close this thread and refer to that one.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I say go for one that maintains the lower body work. Too many of them look unfinished since the exhaust was part of the original design. I don't like a big hole left there. Looks very unfinished. I think the Taylor Made one has that covered with a large opening coming out. Large diameter exhaust opening is cool, that's why I chose a Scorpion for my 05. Don't know how the TM sounds but it looks real good IMHO.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Denzee for the prompt response I love how the Taylor Made exhausts look, but dont know how they sound (Youtube videos dont do any justice to the exhaust tones), I have also heard they are not so well built as the others and since I am in a remote location this may turn out to be an issue in the long run. I like the Yoshimuras as they come with a Heat shield so no gaping hole but like the sound of the two brothers (but no heat shield) as well, so very confused.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I also had this dilemma.

I was going with a Yoshi R77, but they are on the expensive side in the UK, and you also need to buy a PCV really.

I went with the scorpion as you could just fit it and ride, and it didn't need a power commander. Also comes with the heatshield, like the Yoshi.

Another option could be Leo Vince, that has a heatshield.

I know people with the Yoshi, and they say it sounds great.

Know a couple of guys with Akras too, but I don't like being able to see all the pipework.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Splatty unfortunately Leo Vinces are very hard to come by over here, even Taylor made is an issue but it sure looks nice. I dont like the sound of Akropovics they sound exactly like the stock pipes and since my main aim is better sound there is going to be no need to change to them. I like Yoshi pipes but read somewhere that without a Power Commander there are issues and I dont want to get one. With Taylor Mades too without a Power Commander the bike misfires a lot as mentioned in these forums. I want something that sounds loud looks good and performs as well as the stock pipes. Maybe too much to ask.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I know this question has been posted (in various forms) but I wanted to keep it simple and relevant for myself and for others with the same questions:

I am looking for an aftermarket exhaust and have narrowed it down to the following in no order of preference:

2. Yoshimura R-77
3. Taylor Made

My choices will depend on loudness of the Pipes; the looks; maintainability; the cost; and lastly Performance gains if any in order of importance.

I would like the Pipes to be loud with a deeper and throatier tone rather than the whine (current under 6000 RPM sound from stock pipes). I would like it to look nice and be mostly maintenance free. Cost and performance gains are not such a big factor. I am not looking for the full system just slip-ons. I like the looks of the stock pipes but dont like how they sound at all.

Also if there is someone who thinks like I do and has this question out so that I can close this thread and refer to that one.
I've run both the Yosh & TM. I'm currently running the Taylormade.

The TM is hands down the best looking exhaust for the 1000RR.

The Yosh offers better performance (especially on the low end of the rpm)

You should add a Power Commander with either for best performance.

They both sound great, but the TM has a wonderful deep growl...and really screams above 8000rpm

Based on your post, i'd say go with the TM:thumb:

here's some pics of mine w/ the TM
Auctmart_fairing pictures by RumbleFish_photos - Photobucket

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've run both the Yosh & TM. I'm currently running the Taylormade.

The TM is hands down the best looking exhaust for the 1000RR.

The Yosh offers better performance (especially on the low end of the rpm)

You should add a Power Commander with either for best performance.

They both sound great, but the TM has a wonderful deep growl...and really screams above 8000rpm

Based on your post, i'd say go with the TM:thumb:

here's some pics of mine w/ the TM
Auctmart_fairing pictures by RumbleFish_photos - Photobucket
Very nice bike Fishboy the exhaust does look very clean, do you have any servicing issues with the exhaust and are you running a Power Commander? I am inclined towards getting this but wanna be sure. Also love the color on the bike. I see that you have painted the carbon heat shield on the exhaust as well can you give any tips on how it was done? Was it sanded primered and then painted or did you do the coats of paint on top? One last question what made you chose this exhaust?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have recently fitted a Leo Vince GP Pro slip on and have found it to be money very well spent.

It was simple to fit, doesn't need a PCV and sounds awesome with a throaty idle and a nice bark when you crack it open. And if you take the quiet insert out, it gets even better!!!

I should mention the noticeable low and mid range punch it gained too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I went for the TM due to the clean looks. Sounds is awesome, deep growl low down, really turns heads! There is a gain in low down power as detected by my butt. Have not seen any Honda complaints on the TM exhaust build, fit was quite easy and I'm running it with a PCV. Good luck on whatever you choose.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Very nice bike Fishboy the exhaust does look very clean, do you have any servicing issues with the exhaust and are you running a Power Commander? I am inclined towards getting this but wanna be sure. Also love the color on the bike. I see that you have painted the carbon heat shield on the exhaust as well can you give any tips on how it was done? Was it sanded primered and then painted or did you do the coats of paint on top? One last question what made you chose this exhaust?
Thanks Groove,
This was only installed recently so no service has been done since, but I don't anticipate any issues. Yes, I'm running a PC w/ the TM map (and IRC unit because it's a US bike). I highly recommend a PC no matter which pipe you get.
The trim piece is not the orig. carbon piece, but rather a fiberglass replica that was made by the person I bought it from...long story, but he had sold the CF piece due to cash needs...I only paid $500 all in.
I went w/ the TM mainly for the great look, it's certainly not the best if you're looking for max performance gain.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Where abouts are you in the Midlands BigE ?

We will have to meet up as I would like to see that TM pipe. Maybe wait until the snow has gone though first !!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Taylormades look well smart splatty, seen one at Croft last year.
Quite loud, passed test but was 105dB day.

IMHO Taylormade are the best looking pipe for this blade.

Bob B

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone you all have been extremely helpful. I dont know if this is the right place but after a year of the stock bike I am going to start making some mods. This is the list of stuff I am going to do:

1. HID Bi-Xenon install
2. Exhaust (Most probably TaylorMade)
3. The following Rizoma components:

Rizoma Brake & Clutch Levers for Honda CBR1000RR 08-

Rizoma Chain Guard for CBR1000RR 08-

Rizoma Crankcase Cover for Honda

Rizoma Carbon Fiber Undertail for CBR1000RR 08-

Rizoma Fox Plate Frame for Rizoma Undertail for CBR1000RR 08-

Rizoma Stator Cover Protector for CBR1000RR 08-

Rizoma Toe Guard for CBR1000RR 08-, CBR600RR 09-

Rizoma Sportline Billet Grips

MA512 Rizoma Conical Bar Ends / Handlebar Caps wt Sliders

Rizoma Track-77 LED Turn Signal

Rizoma Tapered Racing Footpegs
Hopefully after this the bike would look a little different.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone you all have been extremely helpful. I dont know if this is the right place but after a year of the stock bike I am going to start making some mods. This is the list of stuff I am going to do:

1. HID Bi-Xenon install
2. Exhaust (Most probably TaylorMade)
3. The following Rizoma components:

Rizoma Brake & Clutch Levers for Honda CBR1000RR 08-

Rizoma Chain Guard for CBR1000RR 08-

Rizoma Crankcase Cover for Honda

Rizoma Carbon Fiber Undertail for CBR1000RR 08-

Rizoma Fox Plate Frame for Rizoma Undertail for CBR1000RR 08-

Rizoma Stator Cover Protector for CBR1000RR 08-

Rizoma Toe Guard for CBR1000RR 08-, CBR600RR 09-

Rizoma Sportline Billet Grips

MA512 Rizoma Conical Bar Ends / Handlebar Caps wt Sliders

Rizoma Track-77 LED Turn Signal

Rizoma Tapered Racing Footpegs
Hopefully after this the bike would look a little different.
Also planning to get some Honda OEM parts:

Rear Seat Racing Cowl
Rear Tire Hugger
Honda E-Cushion
Honda Fairing Protectors
Honda Carbon Tankpad

All in all its going to be an expensive build but hopefully fun. I am going to try and post pics as things progress. But all of you have been great with the advise and keeping this relevant.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK so after all this advise from all of you (and I am thankful for it), I went ahead and removed the butterfly valve cable from the servo. This improved the sound but not too much to my liking. After reading your advise here and on other forums I decided to not go with the Taylor Made, Two Bros, or the Yoshimura pipe. Finally going to go for the MIVV Suono Full Carbon Slip On. Its beautiful and I am going to pair it up with a Yoshimura Heat Shield and black exhaust wrap on the pipes.

Thanks to PJ at PJs Parts for all his help, these guys are great. They were prompt with their responses and also gave the right advise. The Rizoma stuff from them should be here in a few days.

Already got the Original Honda Rear Seat Racing Cowl, HRC Tankpad, Honda Fairing scuff guards and the e-seat.

·
Registered
824 Posts
nice lookin pipe! i havnt heard to much about them but they seem to have a very similar muffler and midpipe design to the akrapovic...get it dyno'ed some time and let us know how it does!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
You thought they might have put a new rear tyre on their dyno bike before taking the picture.

Either that or somebody did a massive burnout with it just before :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1 Posts
:welcome:hi just bought a yoshimura r77 carbon slip on sounds fantastic and looks brill as well

2. Yoshimura R-77
3. Taylor Made

1 - 20 of 20 Posts