Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im fixing my buddies 2001 cbr929rr for him and it has problems. when you turn the key their are no clicks of anything, fuel pump doesn't work and is brand new and no spark either. the bike will still try to start perfectly fine. Ive been checking a lot of things on the bike fixing every wire, bad connector and fuse there is and I have a volt tester.

All I want is a big list of things to test out so I can fix this sweet bike. Bike also has dynojet power commander. the story with the bike was that they were riding it one day and stopped to get gas. after they got gas the bike wouldn't start and they didn't hear the fuel pump turn on. Please help!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the Power commander? Have you taken the kill switch apart and had a look in there yet? Sometimes they get dirty and need to be cleaned up.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
look for a pdf manual to download

should be plenty trouble shooting guide to narrow down whats happening?
Dunno if you can put it in dealer mode like k8gsxr and see trouble codes.

Is the fi light flashing or anything? Forget if had one

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
im fixing my buddies 2001 cbr929rr for him and it has problems. when you turn the key their are no clicks of anything, fuel pump doesn't work and is brand new and no spark either. the bike will still try to start perfectly fine. Ive been checking a lot of things on the bike fixing every wire, bad connector and fuse there is and I have a volt tester.

All I want is a big list of things to test out so I can fix this sweet bike. Bike also has dynojet power commander. the story with the bike was that they were riding it one day and stopped to get gas. after they got gas the bike wouldn't start and they didn't hear the fuel pump turn on. Please help!

Bank angle sensor?
Kill switch?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Check pins in plugs makesure nothing has came loose in any of the many wires

saw post long while.back.similar to this and found a wire came out a connector plug going to dash gauge or something

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you all for the help so far its been pouring down rain where I live im glad to know I have things to check when It gets nice out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts