Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm stuck :crap: After searching and reading countless posts I'm still totally unsure of which screen to get. All I know is I want it to be a double bubble and in a dark tint. Also want it to fit well (obviously) and I think both brands do just that. So any advice? Anything in particular that makes one stand out above the other? They're both great screens (seems like), this is why the decision is difficult!

Any insight and or pictures appreciated (hopefully on a 929 :idunno: ).

So far this site has helped greatly in me choosing an exhaust *thanks HGT*, and a great set of gloves *thanks Chain*. Now if I can get this screen thing sorted I'd be set (minus the few thousand other questions I have/will have). :evilaugh:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I had a ZG and it sucked, well it was okay I guess but the fit was awful, didn't line up well at all.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I've owned Zero Grav, Fabbri and Puig. I prefer Puig. Thicker than ZG, a very nicely finished screen. I will say the optics aren't quite as perfect on the Puig (compared to the ZG), but if you're not buying a clear screen to videotape through then it's a moot point.

Get the Puig!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chain said:
I've owned Zero Grav, Fabbri and Puig. I prefer Puig. Thicker than ZG, a very nicely finished screen. I will say the optics aren't quite as perfect on the Puig (compared to the ZG), but if you're not buying a clear screen to videotape through then it's a moot point.

Get the Puig!
I've got the clear OEM screen for when I'm filmin the icy hot stunnazzzz doin' high chairs so all good there. Just needing a nice dark DB for a little wind deflection and something that compliments the bike. You've owned all of them so I'd be a fool not to follow the advice :thumb: Seems like the general consensus anyway.

Now since I'm a sucker for saving on shipping, hmm.., what else to buy while I'm at it? :evilaugh: :evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Thrift is the best excuse for buying. "But, Honey, I saved $20 on shipping because I bought all this at once." ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the Fabbri on my 929 and love it. It's thick and fits very nicely. I have the clear double bubble and the shape has excellent aerodynamics, I have absolutely NO helmet buffetting at any speed. I am quite amazed by that, beacuse friends bought a Fabbri for other bikes and took it off because of buffetting. I guess the Fabbri just fits very well on the 929.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chaosExpanding said:
I have the Fabbri on my 929 and love it. It's thick and fits very nicely. I have the clear double bubble and the shape has excellent aerodynamics, I have absolutely NO helmet buffetting at any speed. I am quite amazed by that, beacuse friends bought a Fabbri for other bikes and took it off because of buffetting. I guess the Fabbri just fits very well on the 929.
Yeah now that you mention it, it does seem like some screens work better with some bikes and vice-versa. I know some people w/ Yamaha's that had issues with sportech's fitment but the Honda guys all had zero problems. Some bikes are just picky I guess. Honda's seem to have the best luck with screens fitting just right, but still has to be a quality screen though.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I have a Zero Gravity. If I had it to do again, I'd go with the Puig or Fabbri. Both are a lot thicker. The ZG fit perfectly on my 929 however, and the Fabbri fit perfectly on HondaGal's 954.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had a LP DB on my 929, and the left upper 2 inches of the screen jsut cracked one day while the bike was warming up. I heard the peice of plastic hit the ground. Piece of cra[. I had a Fabbri DB on my zx-10 (RIP) and the fit was excellent. Fit right in and was thick and the optics were pretty clear. I highly recommend the Fabbri.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I just sent the Puig for my 954 back today. It was a very nice screen, but IMO the Fabbri I purchased instead is much cleaner looking. The Fabbri is one smooth surface vs the other DB's I've seen that have a seam where the bubble starts. Very thick, and the fit was spot-on.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Check out the back pages in Cycle News for Gustoffsons wind screens. He will make anything and the optics and fit are perfect. The retail stuff is junk compared to his product (and I wouldn't use a ZG if they paid me 1000.00 a day).

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
abtech said:
<snip>.. (and I wouldn't use a ZG if they paid me 1000.00 a day).
I hear you on that one. It was alright back in the day when there was not a whole lot else out there to choose from. But now w/ all the nice screens around ZG just isn't that great (comparatively).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts