Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2000 929rr and it doesnt have any spark when i try and start the engine. it is getting plenty of fuel but no spark, tried new plugs and still nothing, i am not sure if it could be a relay somewhere or what? please any suggestions would help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know how you feel. My 01 929 had the same problem. first start with the basics, check the fuse, there is two relays under the seat, an ignition relay and fuel pump relay. There is also a bank angle sensor that will prevent you bike from starting. This sensor cuts spark and fuel. i know you are saying that it is good cuz you have fuel, but so did mine. but no spark so i thought it was good but i just jumped the sensor and it started right up. i had a rough time too because i even tried another sensor and still nothing. but once i jumped the wires it had spark and the nightmare was over. I dont remember off hand witch wires i jumped cuz i am out of town at the moment but i can fin out if you want just let me know. i think it was the white and green. there are three wires and it was the two outside ones i believe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
just confirmed with the sensor unpluged jump the two outside wires together with a paperclip or small piece of wire. ( doing this on the harness side of the plug) then test for spark, and still listen for the priming of the fuel pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok what happens when i turn the key on, fuel pump turns on and primes the engine, when i start to crank the engine and i can see the fuel being injected into the engine( open the throttle and look down into the engine), new stator( previous owner replaced this), checked every connection i could possibly think of and still nothing....not even a weak spark, and when you say jump the sensor you are referring to the bank angle sensor...right?

·
Registered
20 Posts
yeah the bank angle sensor. it is supposed to cut fuel and spark but mine only cut spark, so in the green plug put a paper clip in each outside pine hole. then test for spark again. you also might want to just try another coil boot to eliminate any possabilities.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i tried to jump the wire and still nothing... tried different plugs, coil boots, and wires and still nothing... i am really stumped. i am starting to think that it might be the ecm or something

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yay!!! i put the new coils in today and she fired right up without hesitation. thanks everyone for helping me out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts