Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just installed the PCIII serial version on my 929 and after following the instal instructions i'm a little puzzled. I have not loaded any map yet.

With ignition OFF kept pressing the 3 buttons and then switched the ignition to ON (kill switch ON too). Heard the fuel pump sucking juice and then released the 3 buttons. There was a yellow led lit on the PC unit way on the bottom (lean)

Instructions say to select rpm range and press multiple times to increase mixture, or keep pressing to lean mixture. Since the led was lit on the leanest position i pressed LOW and start pressing it multiple times. nothing happened!

Did the same to the MED and HI positions, and still the led kept lit on the very same position (1st led out of 10)

then i twisted the throthle (engine off) and i could see the leds litting up as i twist the throttle.

weird thing: at full throthle, the led would stay at 7th postion. no matter what i did it never go higherthan that. Is it normal?

Does this means i'm only using 2/3 of the full bike potential?

Please advise!
Gus

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I would just load a suitable map into (or get custom map done) it rather than trying to set the whole thing on the little buttons. If you see how in depth the map is you'll appreiate this advice!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ironically, when i was about to plug the my lptop into the PC, the laptop died...:mad:

No power at all, even connected with the power adaptor... nothing. I won't think much about it and buy a used one.

Anyway, i finally sorted the primary set up, afterall there was a way to mess up with low, med and hi rev's.

The final question remains unanswered, why when i twist the throtthle with ignition ON and engine off, the PC lights will only go up to 2/3 of the total scale? Is this normal??? :confused:

:smilierr:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked the website but couldn't find any info regarding the throttle position for the serial model of PCIII, only for USB.:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts