Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i crashed my 954 on a track few weeks ago and now it's good enough to stand it up and start it.
question is..is it normal for the rear wheel to have a dragging spot when you lift the bike up and rotate freely?
it does not drag like its getting stuck but it's very ltttle drag on certain spot of rotation..but enough for me to concern since bike has been down...tire doesn't seems to wobble and looks like it's rotating straight but this little drag is bothering me...any help would be appreciated.
thank you

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here's what I do. Put bike on stand. Place work bench vice on floor next to rear wheel. Put long flat edge screwdriver in vice. I've got one that's perfect. It's about a foot long with a small and sharp flat edge. Line screw driver tip up with rim bead. Spin tire and look for warp. Do the same thing on your rotor. I've never seen a rear rotor warp from a tumble but it's perfectly possible.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
You could try taking the rear wheel off and sliding off the rear brake caliper than reinstall the wheel.  If it still rubs than it's something in the bearings or axle.  If it doesn't, than it might be coming from the caliper, rotor, or chain.

Just a suggestion...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts