Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys can anyone help me out please.
my rrv was jetted and filter and dyno'd by previous owner i have now done the viking mod as per instructions on here .
since then bike starts ticks over perfect when hot and cold and pulls like a trooper BUT when it gets hot its very lumpy and sluggish upto 3k as tho its running out of fuel lumpy but keep it abouve 3k sweet as a nut .
any ideas guys ????

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Sounds like you need to give it a screwing ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never touched them mate it was all done when I had it unless u mean after the viking mod then in that case I didnt .. woops

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If it runs better when cold then performs worse when warm it normally indicates its rich. I would check them, as youve gone bigger on the mains I believe it will also effect the pilot circuit also. On the RRW they are 2 turns out, I set mine 2.5 turns they were 3 to start with!! Check what the RRV should be set too.

Could also be float hight or a sticking float as youve been in the carbs could be the case.. Worth pulling each plug and checking it to see if its rich. If you use the plug tool which comes in the factory tool kit you can remove all plugs through the fairing without too much trouble or skin loss over the knuckles :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks I will search for settings . In reply to questions it dont like to run without choke cuts out but only need it on 20 seconds say till it ticks over enough to get going. Then runs great all through rev range untill it warms up then any gear it lumpy till 3k never cuts out and ticks over nicely but splutters alot under 3k so much it feels safer to knock it down on tight islands and get revs up . Hope im making sense lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts