Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help anybody with an Akrapovic Race exhaust for a 954. I recently sourced a supposed full system but seem to be missing some bits so Im after some help with are the springs near the head the same as the spring down lower and does anyone have any pics available of how it looks at the head. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Help anybody with an Akrapovic Race exhaust for a 954. I recently sourced a supposed full system but seem to be missing some bits so Im after some help with are the springs near the head the same as the spring down lower and does anyone have any pics available of how it looks at the head. Any help is greatly appreciated

This is mine.
As best I can recall all the springs are the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I just helped BLouder with his, as i remember, all the springs were the same. We had to handle every section a couple times because of fitment problems, I don't remember any of the springs being different.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just helped BLouder with his, as i remember, all the springs were the same. We had to handle every section a couple times because of fitment problems, I don't remember any of the springs being different.
on my RRX system all the springs are the same. ive 2 springs in the kitchen 3 yrs now, never put them back on, and no issues.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that. Ive ordered the springs and now the next problem with this system is the canister is 370mm o.d but the clamp is around 400mm. Does anybody know what carbon clamp will fit a 370mm o.d canister

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thanks for that. Ive ordered the springs and now the next problem with this system is the canister is 370mm o.d but the clamp is around 400mm. Does anybody know what carbon clamp will fit a 370mm o.d canister

OD is outside diameter, you appear to be measuring the circumference?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Akrapovic exhaust people, can anybody help with the collars that bolt to the head do you still use the metal oring gaskets from Honda or something else. Any help greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Akrapovic exhaust people, can anybody help with the collars that bolt to the head do you still use the metal oring gaskets from Honda or something else. Any help greatly appreciated

Yes, you still need the flange gaskets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts