Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!

I've got my bike in bits at the mo, and I need a bit of help putting it back together.

Had the forks out, and headstock apart. Now putting it all back together. Question regarding the routing of cables from bar switch gear.

When sitting on the bike do the wires from switches, throttle assembly and clutch lever, pass simply in front of the forks or do they go round the back of the forks (so between frame and forks when on full lock, almost but not quite trapped) then up between forks and yokes to the main harness?

Does that make sense. A picture or two would be a big help.

In a real hurry cus got a trackday tomorrow morning and the bike's in bits, fairing off, haven't fitted my PC3 or done a ton of other things.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
441 Posts
All of the wiring goes between the forks and frame from switches on the same side. The clutch cable goes between the oppsite side between the fork and frame.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Even though I'm just a right-winged crazy assed yank that you despise, I'll let you in on what my manual shows.
This is for a 954, but I can't understand why it would be a bit different.
The illustrations show the wiring, throttle cables and brake hose wrapping around the back side of the fork tube, between the fork tube and headstock and under the tank.
The same goes for the left side, but the clutch cable goes down through the gap between the right fork tube and headstock.
Help any?
(You left winged crazy assed brtit)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/QUOTE]You left winged crazy assed brtit
How dare you call me a br tit. Only my best friends call me that

Yep it's a 929

Got to get this back together in a couple of hours. Why oh why do I always leave things to the last minute.

Thanks guys.

Jury seems to find that wires go to back of fork legs. Pictures attached. if it's wrong please tell me.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Just went out and looked at my 954. On the left side, my wires go around the INSIDE of the fork tube. Your throttle cables look to be correctly routed.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Throttle cables are correct. Light switches are O.K.
But I'm not sure about the kill switch. Mine go in front of the forfk, but I'm using a RC-51 kill switch with an F4i 6th turn throttle. Still your cable seems tight on the throttle side. I don't think it would matter too much if it is not pinching or stretching. Good luck on your track day!

You're probably wondering what a 'forfk' is. It's a misspelled word.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I should clarify a few things.
By 'the back' of the fork tubes I meant while sitting on the seat, not standing in front of the bike. My bad. According to the service manual, your throttle cables are correct, but the wires are not. My guess is if they still work you don't have to mess with it.
Also, by brtit I either meant; a: you are a cold titted bastard, b: I put in an extra t somewhere, or c: I started celebrating the holiday early and have no idea what it should have been.
You decide.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote Also, by brtit I either meant; a: you are a cold titted bastard, b: I put in an extra t somewhere, or c: I started celebrating the holiday early and have no idea what it should have been.
You decide.

Probably all three.

Well it's now 11.20pm, bike is all back together. Phew. Routing looks OK to me, everything free and easy. Slightly concerned that I haven't pre loaded the bearings enough, steering feels incredibly light. Just have to wind the Ohlins damper up to notch 16 Maybe not.

Track day is at a local RAF base (biggest helicopter station in Europe). RAF Motorcycle Association event, first time they've run one there. Perimeter road and part of main runway, 2.5 miles all told. Tarmac is smooth enough, I'm told, but runaway will be interesting as will the transition surfaces. Should be fast. Noise may be an issue as it's close to garrison housing and local village, so I've gone back to standard can just so they can't blame me!

If I get any pics I'll post em. Not sure cameras are allowed on base.

One good feature of the day is that if one should need an air ambulance there will be plenty to choose from . LOL

·
Registered
441 Posts
I wish I had taken some pictures earlier but after seeing yours the wiring should go to the front of the forks and though just like the throttle cable is. As long as it doesn't pinch the wires I think your ok for a day though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts