Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soemtimes I can hear a noize in the engine.

Could it be the chain?

Can I tension it?

How do I do that?

Thank you!

GEO

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well any engine will make noise unless its turned off. But im assuming you mean the ticking. Seems all 929s and 954s do it. Myne does. Probably due to thin casting in the heads.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I get a clanking sound coming from the engine. like a chain slap. I think it's my oil pump drive chain being loose. I haven't opened it up to check though. it basically runs fine, but you'll hear a sound similiar to the one when you engage the bike in gear ( a hard engagement ) but a few quick clanks like that sound ( chain slap ). but it's not the clutch.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow, that sounds kinda bad... I wouldn't think that the timing chain would slap that bad or that hard... Could be engine ping? My FZR did that for the longest time and it made me mad one day so I took everything apart and was lookin around and didn't find anything, so a day to put everything back together and ran it, worked fine after I put better gas... But i'm not sure how loud yours really is compared to mine... To me if its running right it could be ping from some low grade gas? Maybe? I'm just throwin stuff out there for ya... Oh yea, is it only when the bike is in gear? If so, might have a damaged gear...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts