Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the rectifier with a good used one hoping that my coils weren't enough juice.... Runs this way on stock Ecu and also when I plug in my pcusb with the suggested map from power commander for my current mods.... I'm afraid it's a bad Ecu... Any other suggestions? New plugs btw

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought a used Ecu... Now I actually get an FI light! Never had that come on before, thought it was weird but never looked into it further. Any one know which pin to jump to through codes n which codes are which?(post a link to the page pretty please?)

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Depends on which bike you have.

Bike on sidestand, in neutral, turn on the key.
What codes are you getting?

short blinks = 1 (.3 seconds)
long blinks = 10 (one second)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I def have FI lights now lol... Didn't before so this is a step in the right direction!!!

Got:
In that order... Not gonna type all that out but long story short ALL sensors are not working. Are there any other grounds other than the main one on the back of the block???

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
What bike is this on???
The codes vary from one bike to another.

Are you sure you have the right ECU?

Did the FI light repeat that sequence in that exact order?
The first time I did this process, I had to watch the blinks go thru the sequence 4 or 5 times to make sure I was reading it right.

Before you get too nervous, some of those could be old stored codes that aren't relevant anymore. You need to clear out the memory, then go to start the bike and see what new relevant codes show up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright so a million days later I got around to jacking with my bike again lol...
Got code
19 which is the ignition pulse generator
23 which is o2 sensor... Not a Cali bike an full servo-less hinder to custom mid pipe to two bros can
And 34 which is the pair valve(deleted)/ flapper mod(deleted)

So the pulse generator is the culprit!

How do I test this piece and is there a thread on how to replace it with pictures for the lazy folks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts